Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Being Induced Lock Rss

I was induced with DD for many reasons and had the drip. I can't see why being induced should give a more painful labour?? The chemicals just bring on your bodys' natural reactions. I can imagine the application of gel wouldn't be nice though.

I've spoken to a few women who've had the drip and they all agreed it was the same as other labours they've had.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Hi Caitie, how far along are you? I am 37 weeks and the same, rest growing a little but stomach isnt. Also they think fluid on the low side (7.2). They want to induce me in a few days?

Has anyone refused induction before?
Hi

I have had two inductions both at 38 weeks. My first was a terrible experience my second was so easy. It all depends on the person I guess, I would suggest that if you are considering an epidural ask for it sooner rather than later. All the best for you and your bub.

They think that he will be better off in the world because then we can feed him

Yea he may also need an operation on his tummy or some form of assistance as there may be a reason everything else is growing but not his tummy. The last simular case I heard of like this the baby had a muscle positioned in the wrong place on the stumach which was stopping them from feeding correctly, bubs had a operation and has thrived since.
Also yes being induced hurts but it depends what you need as you are early and this is your first chances are the gel and having your waters broken won't do the trick and you will need to go on the drip. The drip is the part that hurtsas it makes the contractions much more intense and far too close together. My best advice is don't be affraid to ask for pain relief but don't get it too soon either (don't ask for an epidural the moment labour begins) as it won't last as well.

Yea he may also need an operation on his tummy or some form of assistance as there may be a reason everything else is growing but not his tummy. The last simular case I heard of like this the baby had a muscle positioned in the wrong place on the stumach which was stopping them from feeding correctly, bubs had a operation and has thrived since.
Also yes being induced hurts but it depends what you need as you are early and this is your first chances are the gel and having your waters broken won't do the trick and you will need to go on the drip. The drip is the part that hurtsas it makes the contractions much more intense and far too close together. My best advice is don't be affraid to ask for pain relief but don't get it too soon either (don't ask for an epidural the moment labour begins) as it won't last as well.

I was induced at 38 weeks, took about 6 hours to get into the swing of it but it did work! The most uncomfortable part I found was when the broke my water and I didnt realise that it was a constant thing not just a one of thing! lol, my epidural didnt work but it was a great experience. Good luck!
I was induced for selfish reasons on my part! I was induced twice with gel, but for me it hurt sad sorry. I had the epidural inserted right before i was in pain, but i could feel the contractions when it would wear off. Even when i was only 3-4 cms dilated they really hurt sad
Ive been told its the drip that brings the contractions on fast and strong. But for me they kept on having to turn the drip on and off cause bubs heart rate would jump up quite fast.
Oh gosh and the breaking of the waters was weird.. kept on thinking i was weeing myself HAHA.
Best of luck, my induction resulted in a cesaer cos bubs did not want to come out!
The induction was a peice of cake if you ask me, the cesaer was horriblleeee, far more pain than actually being in labour!

Hi Caitie, how far along are you? I am 37 weeks and the same, rest growing a little but stomach isnt. Also they think fluid on the low side (7.2). They want to induce me in a few days?

Has anyone refused induction before?

I'm 37wks and he has grown a little bit more, his stomach size in the ultrasound has now reached 35wks so they have left him for another week but I have to get a ctg scan done everyday second day, and another ultrasound done before my next appointment.
The doctor really wants to induce me because she thinks he will do better out here.
Hello I have been induced twice with both of my boys due to having hypertension and mild pre eclampsia with both my boys. Too me it didn't hurt but when they put the gel in and were assessing how things were was the most uncomfortable part. Good luck hope all goes well and dont forget every woman is different and our pain threshhold is different.

Hello I have been induced twice with both of my boys due to having hypertension and mild pre eclampsia with both my boys. Too me it didn't hurt but when they put the gel in and were assessing how things were was the most uncomfortable part. Good luck hope all goes well and dont forget every woman is different and our pain threshhold is different.

Would be soo much easier and less painfull if you only need the gel or your waters broken as both are alot more natural then the drip.
I was induced at 38 weeks because my DD had stopped growing. I had the gel out in to get things happening & as soon as they broke my waters the contractions hit straight away hard & fast.......1.5 hours later my baby was born. I did get an epidural but the first one didn't work then by the time the 2nd epidural kicked in I was up to my 2nd last push so didn't get much relief from the pain.

Why are the inducing you if bub isn't growing? Wouldn't they want to leave bub in there as long as possible??

This happened to a friend of mine. If the stomach isnt growing then bub isnt getting fed properly, right nutrients etc so its better for him to be born. The longer he stays in the less he will b getting fed....if that makes sence ?? smile
I was induced at 40+2. I had PE so wasn't allowed to move around at all...I had my waters broken and then a half hour later had the drip. I went from no contractions to 1 minute contractions 2 minutes apart blink

My labour was hurried along much quicker than a normal induced labour because my blood pressure was through the roof. I had an epidural which was fantastic and with how much pain I was in, I was not apprehensive about it the needle at all.

I hope your bubba is okay and wish you a smooth labour

=)
Sign in to follow this topic