Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Too early to tell... too bloated to be normal...

Too early to tell... too bloated to be normal... Lock Rss

I wonder if anyone has found themselves in the same situation as me? I have a beautiful healthy little girl who is desperate for a brother or sister... my husband is pretty keen too. Up until recently I wasn't all that keen, but have been far more open to it as my body clock marches on... smile Anyways... we fell pregnant last year. The pregnancy just didn't feel right... and, sadly we m/c just as we approached the end of the first trimester. We had told our daughter and close friends and family by this stage...
I am now pregnant again. It feels different this time, I think everything will be okay... (well fingers crossed) My cycle is like clockwork so I've know since my period was due (and so has hubby). Problem is, I am very petite (like a small size 6 on a good day). It's just over six weeks and I am so bloated that I look like I'm in my second trimester. I don't fit into many of my clothes. I actually look pregnant even though it's probably only a bloated belly (but fourth pregnancy and small frame). A couple of people close to me have asked (including my little girl who is convinced I am pregnant or seriously fat and needing to diet smile ).
I really don't want to tell anyone yet (esp not the little one or anyone who will let on to her) but I just feel so fat and gross and bloated. I have a pregnancy breakout too. lovely. Have already had to buy new bras that are two cup sizes larger, and feel like I am hiding out. This is awful... Has anyone been this bloated this soon?? I am seriously struggling to hide it (sucking in my gut is doing nothing - my full term bubba was over 9lb 4oz so my stomach muscles are shot).
Feeling a bit depressed. Considering sharing the news (one of the mum's at school was seriously hinting and i refused to give in). But I feel so fat and gross. Hope I don't have to hide out for another 5 weeks or so!!!! sad
Any advice?
I had people I knew well ask me at 5 weeks if I was pregnant because I was so much bigger. Doesn't help my arse doubles in size as soon as I'm UTD either though. No one I don't know well asked me so I never told them otherwise, and close friends who did i told. If anything happened Id want them to know anyway.
Not really any advice I can give other than once you get to 14 weeks like me now you stop caring that you look like your about to pop lol.
As for worrying about losing the baby I don't think that is going to change how big you are so do what I did....don't tell people you are and if they ask tell them yes you are but it's still early and you'd like to keep it quiet until you are 12 weeks. As for random people who don't know you that well lokking at your tummy....ignore them, I still do and not one of them has come out and asked me yet adn those that hinted I ignored or changed the subject, it's none of their business
I had to tell people by 7 weeks with my third because i was that big. Turns out it was my third and fourth cool

lisa mum to calin 7 and zoe 12 months

I had people I knew well ask me at 5 weeks if I was pregnant because I was so much bigger. Doesn't help my arse doubles in size as soon as I'm UTD either though. No one I don't know well asked me so I never told them otherwise, and close friends who did i told. If anything happened Id want them to know anyway.
Not really any advice I can give other than once you get to 14 weeks like me now you stop caring that you look like your about to pop lol.
As for worrying about losing the baby I don't think that is going to change how big you are so do what I did....don't tell people you are and if they ask tell them yes you are but it's still early and you'd like to keep it quiet until you are 12 weeks. As for random people who don't know you that well lokking at your tummy....ignore them, I still do and not one of them has come out and asked me yet adn those that hinted I ignored or changed the subject, it's none of their business
Thanks. Good advice. My good friend's mum asked me yesterday and I told her only because I couldn't lie to her as I value her support. she's such a mum anyway. I did swear her to secrecy though and told her it was too early and why I didn't want to share yet. she wont tell I'm sure - but she feels all the more special for being in on the secret. Thanks again, I'll just keep waering baggies and keeping a low profile. when I am to the end of the first trimester - I don't care who knows - and I'll share my bump with pride smile.

I had to tell people by 7 weeks with my third because i was that big. Turns out it was my third and fourth cool
With DS1 as soon as I hit the 6 week mark I got a belly which was bloating and hard and with DS2 4 weeks and I got the belly, so earlier everytime.
In both my pregnancies however I always got very large very quick my uterus would rise up quicker and doctors would alway think I was further along.
I would always measure at least 3-6 weeks ahead.

o my goodness - wow. now that's scary.... I hope it's just bloating.... i guess there's always that possibility. Just as long as he or she (or they unsure ) are healthy.
I am 11 weeks now and since about 8 my stomach got really hard and poked out. I seriously thought I mustv been further along so I got a scan and I was 8 weeks. I think in pregnancy even early on you can get gassy and hold everything so I'm trying to only drink water and eat a little bit every hour and its sort of helping although I still look like im in second trimester. Goos luck with everything!!! Let us know when u hit 12 weeks!!
thanks. Hitting week 7 and still teribbly bloated. I think it must just be gas etc, but I can't fit into my regular clothes yet it's still far too early to tell anyone - o well let them think I'm just letting myself go... I am exhausted though - I have always been a late to bed kind of person but crashed out in the loungeroom last night before 8.30pm (hadn't even finished cleaning up the kitchen or making my daughter's school lunch). My husband came home and found me asleep and walked me into bed smile I have my Obstet appointment at 8.5 weeks so I am sure he'll let me know if there is anything abnormal. It's probably just that I am usually a little small and underweight and that I have poor tummy muscles from being stretched beyond recognition with my 9lb 4oz little buddha baby (2 weeks early). Thanks for the advice.
thanks. Hitting week 7 and still teribbly bloated. I think it must just be gas etc, but I can't fit into my regular clothes yet it's still far too early to tell anyone - o well let them think I'm just letting myself go... I am exhausted though - I have always been a late to bed kind of person but crashed out in the loungeroom last night before 8.30pm (hadn't even finished cleaning up the kitchen or making my daughter's school lunch). My husband came home and found me asleep and walked me into bed smile I have my Obstet appointment at 8.5 weeks so I am sure he'll let me know if there is anything abnormal. It's probably just that I am usually a little small and underweight and that I have poor tummy muscles from being stretched beyond recognition with my 9lb 4oz little buddha baby (2 weeks early). Thanks for the advice.
Iam the same, I have had 3 mc since my DS so really hesitant to tell people but still i have told a few, just the ones that i value their support. if people dont need to know i dont tell them. unfortunately i dont have a lot of baggy clothes lol oh well they can think what they want and in 5 weeks time we can both (as it looks liek were due about the same time) let everyone know smile
I did end up tellign my mum today because she keeps trying to feed me things i shoudlnt be eating and i could tell she was thinking i might be.

Sign in to follow this topic