Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Stars in my eyes Lock Rss

Morning All,
I'm 16 weeks pregnant and yesterday I was going about my business (okay, I was shopping!) and suddenly I had these shooting stars in my vision. There were lots of them and they were moving quickly and it was like fireworks - was really pretty! It lasted about 20 seconds and it really made me stop what I was doing to watch them!
Anyone have any idea what this might be? I felt fine otherwise, was not hungry (had just eaten) nor particularly tired. Very odd.
TIA smile
dont now what that could be but sounds very interesting very strange
i see your dr or just get an eye test when pregarent i get stars spots and the hormones affect my eyes
Make sure you mention this at your next check up. May have something to do with blood pressure?

Seeing stars in your eyes (unless its the romantic kind.. wub ) needs to be adressed by a medico.
thanks ladies, yeah Dr Google reckoned it might be a bp thing too. Although my bp has been fine every time I've had it checked. Of course it can go up or down really quickly so I'll just mention it next time i see the midwife.
I was getting quite bad headaches but haven't had one for a few days... spose they could be connected. Or not roll eyes Bl00dy hormones!
i had something similar when i was pregnant, i would get these stars flying around in my vision and then i would get a headache and faint ( yep right in the middle of a gift shop and another time while i was getting my eyebrows waxed!!) Although it was alost 6 years ago, i can remember the doc saying it had something to do with my blood pressure, id get checked out by the doc just in case smile

You need to call your midwife and let her know about it and if it happens again go straight to hospital this is a big symptom of high blood pressure and can be an early sign of pre-eclampsia both are very serious.

i had something similar when i was pregnant, i would get these stars flying around in my vision and then i would get a headache and faint ( yep right in the middle of a gift shop and another time while i was getting my eyebrows waxed!!) Although it was alost 6 years ago, i can remember the doc saying it had something to do with my blood pressure, id get checked out by the doc just in case smile

yikes! but yes that sounds like it - stars flying around although withough the fainting so far...

You need to call your midwife and let her know about it and if it happens again go straight to hospital this is a big symptom of high blood pressure and can be an early sign of pre-eclampsia both are very serious.

eek you reckon?? i thought it more likely to be low blood pressure than high (i'm quite tall as well lol!) but you're probably right i should let the midwife know maybe before my next appt which is not for a couple of weeks.

Thanks ladies.

yikes! but yes that sounds like it - stars flying around although withough the fainting so far...

eek you reckon?? i thought it more likely to be low blood pressure than high (i'm quite tall as well lol!) but you're probably right i should let the midwife know maybe before my next appt which is not for a couple of weeks.

Thanks ladies.

You need to get it checked!
I ignored mine, and at 30 weeks I had an emergency C-Sect with a very tiny 2pd 2 oz baby. I was so sick I was on life support in ICU. Better to be safe than sorry!!!
Confusingly enough, seeing stars is a symptom of high blood pressure AND low blood pressure... I also see spots if I am getting a migraine, which for me is hormone related.

I ignored mine, and at 30 weeks I had an emergency C-Sect with a very tiny 2pd 2 oz baby. I was so sick I was on life support in ICU. Better to be safe than sorry!!!

double yikes blink poor you E_Jw how sacry... i rang the midwife after reading this...

Confusingly enough, seeing stars is a symptom of high blood pressure AND low blood pressure... I also see spots if I am getting a migraine, which for me is hormone related.

and the prize goes to Nodrog - MW said 16 weeks was early and extremely unlikey to be preeclampsia so the stars were probably due to low blood pressure and/or hormone fluctuations. she said to call back if it keeps happening or gets worse and that I should be careful crossing the road!

So. I feel better now anyway. Thanks again

What was your cause, my friend had pre-eclampsia that turned eclamptic not so early but she was in ICU as well and had to have a c-section.
Sign in to follow this topic