Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Heart beat on Ultrasound Rss

Hi Guys - Im approx 6 - 7 weeks along and was wondering if this is too early to detect a heartbeat on an ultrasound? I am booked in for a dating scan on Wednesday and am anxious about seeing the heartbeat. Should i be able to see it?

Thanks in advance
XX
Hi my friend recently found out she was pregnant, she had an ultrasound a 6 wks and they couldnt detect the heart beat, so of course she freaked out but her bubby was totally fine, it was just to early for her, but everyone might be different.
Just remember if they cant detect it try not to worry smile
Hi,
Everyone is different so it's hard to say whether you will see it or not but i had a scan at just under 6 weeks with my son and we saw the heartbeat clear as day..it was an abdominal scan too. There are a lot of factors i would assume so i wouldn't stress if it isn't picked up.
Good luck xx

I was also 6 weeks couldnt really see anything but the heart beat(131bpm) was amazing I hope your scan goes well, I cried lol
I've had dating scans (6-7 weeks) with both pregnancies but can't remember, sorry. DH said he's pretty sure we saw a heart beat though. I know my GP said she won't detect a heart beat on the doppler until 14 weeks plus.
Yup i saw my daughters heartbeat at 5 weeks and saw the twins at 5 weeks also! both got picked up on the doopler at 10 weeks smile Im pregnant with twins now! smile arghhhhh scary! lol
i was under 6 weeks when i had my first scan and they could pick it up very clear.

i was under 6 weeks when i had my first scan and they could pick it up very clear.

Thank you to all who replied ")

ctually went into have my first lot of bloods done in the pathology centre and i fainted during them taking 7 viles of blood sad So i went to the Dr to be checked over and she suggested an early scan yesterday for buba wellbeing.

I sore the heartbeat - The scan indicated i was 7 weeks along - But i couldnt see a bean or a dot or anything. I did see the heart beat flickering to the right of the sack. The sonographer picked it up at 121 BPM. She said it was well within normal range.

Thanks ladies XXX

Thank you to all who replied ")

ctually went into have my first lot of bloods done in the pathology centre and i fainted during them taking 7 viles of blood sad So i went to the Dr to be checked over and she suggested an early scan yesterday for buba wellbeing.

I sore the heartbeat - The scan indicated i was 7 weeks along - But i couldnt see a bean or a dot or anything. I did see the heart beat flickering to the right of the sack. The sonographer picked it up at 121 BPM. She said it was well within normal range.

Thanks ladies XXX

Same as mine, i couldnt really see what i was looking at. I could just see a flicker on the screen, which was obviously the heart beat, my babies was 122bpm.
I had a scan at 5 weeks 4days (mix up with dates due to previous m/c) and there was a tiny tiny heart beat. Was only very weak and was told its unusual to see one that early.

I think it all depends on the rate bub is growing. Although there is a guideline, they all will grow at different rates.
Sign in to follow this topic