Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Itchy dry skin Lock Rss

Hi all
I am just looking for some advice I have very dry and itchy skin all over and it's really starting to drive me crazy
I have tried creams and body wash bath soaks and nothing seems to work I just scratch all day some times to
The point where it's down to raw skins and so sore
Dose anyone have any ideas
Thanks

Hi all
I am just looking for some advice I have very dry and itchy skin all over and it's really starting to drive me crazy
I have tried creams and body wash bath soaks and nothing seems to work I just scratch all day some times to
The point where it's down to raw skins and so sore
Dose anyone have any ideas
Thanks

ezsema? Have you tried QV cream? Or trying to keep sugar out of your diet?

Good luck
I used palmers cocoa butter in the first 2 trimesters and then bio oil in the third, which kept the itching at bay for me and did combat the stretchmarks a bit.
i get terrible itchy skin when the seasons change (worst is coming into winter) and it was much worse for me when preg (as it is now)
for me i found using a pure oatmeal soap and doing away with shower gels etc to help, id use a loofa/ puff to massage it on to exfoliate most days too, get hubby to wash ur back smile then id use a vitamin E moisturiser at least every 2nd day and drink LOTS of water. if you find its worse on your legs try not shaving as often as it seems to aggrivate it a bit esp when its cold. avoid synthetic materials too, cotton sheets and clothes are good. finally as much a HOT shower feels awesome and so does having the heater blaring it does nothing for dry skin but make it worse, try toning down the temp a bit and wearing an extra layer instead of the heater?

i get terrible itchy skin when the seasons change (worst is coming into winter) and it was much worse for me when preg (as it is now)
for me i found using a pure oatmeal soap and doing away with shower gels etc to help, id use a loofa/ puff to massage it on to exfoliate most days too, get hubby to wash ur back smile then id use a vitamin E moisturiser at least every 2nd day and drink LOTS of water. if you find its worse on your legs try not shaving as often as it seems to aggrivate it a bit esp when its cold. avoid synthetic materials too, cotton sheets and clothes are good. finally as much a HOT shower feels awesome and so does having the heater blaring it does nothing for dry skin but make it worse, try toning down the temp a bit and wearing an extra layer instead of the heater?

In posted here a few weeks ago about the same problem but it was worse on my boobs and went to get some cream called dermaveen from the chemist! OMG it is a miracle cream, I also got the body wash forthe shower and I am definitely not as itchy as I was, just a little in the night. I would definately recommend everyone try it although a little expensive, it has worked wonders for my skin.

In posted here a few weeks ago about the same problem but it was worse on my boobs and went to get some cream called dermaveen from the chemist! OMG it is a miracle cream, I also got the body wash forthe shower and I am definitely not as itchy as I was, just a little in the night. I would definately recommend everyone try it although a little expensive, it has worked wonders for my skin.

ive used dermaveen before but its so expensive and in a relatively small bottle so its just not practical for when your entire body is itchy and dry but is a miracle worker if you have smaller problem areas!
Sign in to follow this topic