Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. 12 week scan: how good is Technology!!!

12 week scan: how good is Technology!!! Lock Rss

we got our 12week scan today....was sooooooo good!!! bubba was kicking and looking all cute smile

but I couldn't get over how technology has changed in just 3 years!!!

The scan place we go has a big lounge in the scan room and a big bed for the mummy to lay on. and instead of looking at the radiographers screen, there was a huge plasma to watch the scan on!!! and we even got some 3D pic's smile

the scan lady thinks we maybe having a little boy.....just what I was hoping for!!!

and we got the films of the baby as well as a disk at the end!!! very impressed! well worth the $$$ for the 12 week scan we think grin

That's awesome! Just don't go buying blue stuff just yet - Boys and girls look pretty similar until about 16 weeks. The 20 week scan is a better indicator of sex. smile

That's awesome! Just don't go buying blue stuff just yet - Boys and girls look pretty similar until about 16 weeks. The 20 week scan is a better indicator of sex. smile

oh definately wasn't going too!!! not that silly! but nice to know we may have an idea of what we are having smile

Thats so exciting I wish mine was that awesome I lay on a bed and they guy seemed rushed hopfuly my 20 week will be a bit like urs including the boy part lol

Thats so exciting I wish mine was that awesome I lay on a bed and they guy seemed rushed hopfuly my 20 week will be a bit like urs including the boy part lol

ohhhh that sucks you had a bad experience sad

we also had a bad experience on DD's 20week scan, the radiographer was a cow and had no people skills....we basically sat/laid there in silence....very awkward!!! and she was quite rude when it can to the gender part...basically snapped at us blink

I'm not sure what state you live in, we live in NSW and go to CSCAN....we have been there for our dating scan and then a rescan of the dating scan when the bubs heart beat wasn't looking good. both of the 1st scans were bulk billed and we has the same great experience!
I would recommend them to any expecting mums and dads!!!

Wow congrats!

I was told I was having a boy at my 13 week scan, and had it confirmed at my 20 week scan. The ultrasound tech said it is possible to tell at 13 weeks and they only get 1 out of 100 wrong ... modern technology is amazing!
Hey hun!! im so glad its all going well for you!! Im not sure if my place will be that good =(
can't wait to reach our 12 week scan!!! did you have to ask them if they could see what sex the bub was? i had no idea you can tell that early..... i might ask when we go.....i'm currently 6 weeks and time seems to go by so slowly..... unsure

Hey hun!! im so glad its all going well for you!! Im not sure if my place will be that good =(
can't wait to reach our 12 week scan!!! did you have to ask them if they could see what sex the bub was? i had no idea you can tell that early..... i might ask when we go.....i'm currently 6 weeks and time seems to go by so slowly..... unsure

i didnt think u could tell that early either but a couple of woman in due date forum mentioned it, so i asked the radiographer and she said they can sometimes tell...and had a look, and said she was pretty sure we're looking at a little boy smile

Yay how exciting grin I also asked at my 12.5wk scan & the tech was 80% sure on a boy for us too
We have two little girls so Hubby is stoked hehe smile everyone I know is either expecting or had a boy this year!! Our scan was at rbwh but it was nicer than the others I have had there for my DD's, we had the larger room & we also saw bub in 3d which was great!! I have bought a pack of blue/white muslin wraps ( I know I should have waited but they were on special lol) but that's the only thing so far smile my next scan is in the 1st wk of august can't wait!!!!!

Sign in to follow this topic