Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Do you think its ok Lock Rss

for me to buy my male ob a gift??

I am so thankful for what he has done for me and we get great pleasure from buying him something to show my appreciation of him. I'm not sure whther it classed as inappropriate or not...
He asks for a photo of the baby after its born and has all the babies he has delivered stuck on his wall smile

I was thinking a card and bottle of red wine or something....I have no idea really what your supposed to buy for your doctor lol.
I bought my midwife a card and box of chocolates.
I wouldn't say inappropriate, but more unnecessary. I assume you paid him for his service? As pp mentioned maybe just a card and pic of baby. My dr has a board full of pics of babies he has assisted with also.
I have always given gifts! I have never thought not to - I have just presumed it was the normal thing to do!!!!!

I always give the midwives at the hospital a box of chocolates to share. At my six week check up after my babies were born I gave my ob a bottle of moet each time and brought morning tea (vanilla slices/rocky road )for the office staff.

Hope that helps.
I agree with ruby gloom maybe not really nessecary. I would assume that there isn't alot of people that give gifts. I know I was to busy wrapped up in my bub to even think about a gift. If I did I would prob just give chocolates. I'm sure he would apprieciate anything that you gave him.

I think it would be a lovely gesture smile It's nice to get someone a little something when they do something your extra grateful for, and helping to bring your baby into the world is pretty special lol. Maybe just some nice chocolates, a card and a pic of your baby as PP said
Thanks for your replies smile

I know its not neccessary. It would just give me pleasure to do it as i think he is a lovely person and did an amazing job!!

Hmm red or moet...?? decisions decisions smile

I am going to buy for my midwife too, i assume thats more common??

I know its not neccessary. It would just give me pleasure to do it as i think he is a lovely person and did an amazing job!!

I hope someone got you something nice for doing the hard work and actually birthing the baby smile

I hope someone got you something nice for doing the hard work and actually birthing the baby smile

I'd say the baby would be reward enough smile

I got lots of nice things, including a son tongue

I just think people are so quick to put in complaints about a bad service these days but not so quick in rewarding those who take extra time and care to provide a wonderful service.

Its hard to find really decent doctors, he is the best i have experienced. Just want to show my gratitude smile
I thought about doing it but got distracted by bub and never got around to it. Even though they are just doing their job its still an amazing thing that they were involved with an helped with and i think its a lovely gesture too. Wine and card sound good, or chocs or slice or something yummy for midwives
Sign in to follow this topic