Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Bleeding at 7.5 weeks Lock Rss

Hi everyone,

I have recently found out I'm pregnant, and I'm 7 1/2 weeks. For the last half hour, I've had light bleeding. It started off a dark colour but now it is red, it isn't very heavy. I've had a little bit of cramping, although it has been nothing serious just a little uncomfortable.

Can anyone help me out with whether I should be concerned or not? Thankyou
I would contact your LMC and tell them. They might like to send you for a scan and find out whats causing the bleeding. Just to make sure you're all good still.

I was always told to contact midwife if i experienced bleeding or/and cramping....

Lottie
Bright red doesn't sound good. I'm really sorry, but I would guess you're miscarrying. That said plenty of women can bleed during the early pregnancy and still be fine, I hope this is the case for you.
It is very common for women to experience a little spotting during pregnancy but your still better off going straight to your doctor to find out. I would be very concerned until you find out otherwise.
Hope it works out for you smile
I'd go get checked too, cramping and bleeding in pregnancy need to be treated seriously. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Let us know how you go.
Get checked out I had a bright/dark red bleed when I was 9 weeks now Im 21w 5d with a lil boy but it also runs in my family
Thankyou ladies for your answers. This morning there is no bleeding or discharge(although the morning sickness is still pretty bad!). So I have to wait to see my dr next week, but if it happens again, or I start cramping I will go to the hospital.

Thankyou again for your replies.

Thankyou ladies for your answers. This morning there is no bleeding or discharge(although the morning sickness is still pretty bad!). So I have to wait to see my dr next week, but if it happens again, or I start cramping I will go to the hospital.

Thankyou again for your replies.

You need to get checked regardless! It doesn't sound like your misscarrying but it can be a sign of other conditions that need to be addressed ASAP so you can get the correct care needed such as subchronic heamorages, placenta problems ect. You will need a referral for an early scan to see why you are bleeding so these things can be ruled out or diagnosed.
I would get myself checked out just to be on the safe side. When I had my twins in 2009 I had a couple of slight bleeds and a really heavy bleed. Everything was fine but my GP still sent me for ultrasounds. Its funny because at 7 weeks (first bleed) I had one foetus, at 10 weeks (2nd bleed) I was told that their were two hearbeats. Therefore discovered having twins at 10 weeks. My biggest scare was having almost a haemorrhagic type bleed at 16.5 weeks where I thought I had lost my boys. But luckily was rushed to hospital and the scans showed everything to be fine. Never leave a bleed unchecked even if it is slight or even stops. Better to be safe. Good luck and keep us posted.
Sign in to follow this topic