Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Raspberry leaf tea/tablets Rss

Hi ladies,

Was just wondering how many of you have or do take raspberry leaf tablets or drink the tea? Im 34 weeks and people have mentioned it but I suppose what I really want to know is if you have had any experience with it and think that it helps?

Hi ladies,

Was just wondering how many of you have or do take raspberry leaf tablets or drink the tea? Im 34 weeks and people have mentioned it but I suppose what I really want to know is if you have had any experience with it and think that it helps?

Hi TanyaLee21 yes i used Raspberry leaf tea while i was pregnant with both my kids.Id like to think it helped.It relaxed my pelvic muscles.Believe it or not it even helps with constipation(tmi!)I drank the tea which tastes ok.It cant harm you after 34 weeks so try it if you like, i definitely found it positive.All the best with your pregnancy.
I used Raspberry leaf tea with DD and swore that it was the reason why I dialated so quickly. However when I had DS I didn't really drink it and dialted about the same rate, so sorry, but I don't really think it works. It definitely doesn't work to bring on labour. But if you don't mind the taste, there isn't any harm in it.
I am currently drinking a cup as I read your post! With my first child I drank it from 36 weeks, about 2-3 cups per day and was then induced at 38 weeks. I only need the gel for induction and had a 3.5 hour labour. I am being induced on Thursday so have been drinking it with this baby for the last 2 weeks. Who knows if it helps but it is a nice caffeine free alternative and makes me feel like I am doing something to help labour!!
I drink it, i love it! Have all faith that it is working and will continue to work for me smile
I drank the tea an took the tablets every day from 36wks (I think) I honestly don't know if it helped or not but my labour was only for about 2.5 maybe 3 hrs I can't remember exactly but it wasn't long at all an I dialted very quickly could just about say instantly within minutes an I recon the labour an birthing was so much more smoother an better then DD1 an DD2.

There's no harm trying it. An its not expensive.
Thanks for the replies ladies, from what I can see it cant hurt to try it! And fingers crossed it does help! smile
Hey there, I know its a little bit of a late reply, but yes, I used it for both my pregancies and had 2hr 20min labours for both. I think it is amazing. Congrats on meeting your bubba soon!
i drank it i think for a week as i went ten days over my due date..not sure if it helped as it was my 1st pregnancy and my only one so far so i have nothing to compare it too..but like some of the other girls have said..try n see..good luck with your pregnancy hun

Thanks for the replies ladies, from what I can see it cant hurt to try it! And fingers crossed it does help! smile

I started taking the tablets at 36wks when i heard of this tea... and i read up on it & id say it does work giving that nearly every mum with their 1st that had the tea said they had labours that went from 40mims-6hrs mazimum!!. To me any 1st labour that goes under 7hrs is amazing and i pray thats the case for me...all my friends & family with their 1st had long long labours all over 20hrs!!! poor things (none of them used raspberry leaf tea). I say bring it on.
I didnt have it with DS and he was induction only through water rupture and was a 7 hour labour.

With DD I took the tablets according the recommended dose (cant remember how many per day now though!) from 33 weeks and she was again another induction, one week early and again only through water rupture but she was born 3 hours later.. very swift labour she was.. no time to breathe!!

I dont know if it was the raspberry leaf tablets that helped but I will take them again grin
My naturopath gave me Raspberry Leaf Tincture since i was approx. 30 Weeks Pregnant? (perhaps a bit before?) She said it will help the prepare the muscles needed for contractions.. and basically give you more bang for your buck with each one! (ie help the labour progess quicker!)

Closer to my due date, she added Squaw Vine to the mix.... as this was meant to help bring on labour.

My results were great! I had my baby 3 days early (On Christmas Day of all days... so not perfect timing, but still the best present ever!) My waters broke around 9:30pm Christmas Eve(no pain), small contractions started around midnight, by 5:30am i was in Active Labour and had my beautiful daughter by 11:30am! The midwives didn't believe my labour was progessing as fast as it was.. they thought i would still be there for many hours yet.. until shift change (around 7am) and the new midwife said we better get cracking!! My daughter was on an angle though - so took about 1 1/2 hrs in the final pushing stage.... so perhaps without that delay, she would have been here sooner! 6 Hr Active Labour! And i felt 100% Afterwards... i kept taking Raspberry leaf for a few weeks afterwards to help the muscles contract back again.

I would definitely recommend Raspberry Leaf, and will certainly take it for my future pregnancies!

My only thoughts are to source a good quality product. I'm not sure how the tablets or tea work in comparison with the Tincture form... but anything is worth a try!

Happy Pregnancies Ladies!! xoxox

Sign in to follow this topic