Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Quick comebacks to dumb questions

Quick comebacks to dumb questions Lock Rss

So I was just wondering what some of the quick comebacks are that you use when people ask you dumb questions, im 37 weeks now and soooo sick of stupid questions! ...

Today A lady asked me what I was having and I looked at her with a blank stare and said a puppy.. wink

A lady also asked me (when I was abut 30 weeks and not even THAT big) if I was having twins. I was having a bad day and automatically snapped saying "no, are you?" her face was priceless laugh tongue

So feel free to share some of your priceless moments and all us pregzillas can have a giggle together wink smile
I am too slow for comebacks but I am looking forward to seeing what everyone writes...so funny!
haha havent been in that situation as recent yet....and cant remeber last pregancy but I had a laugh at the above tongue, I know I was especially pregzilla last time wen I was planning a wedding from 5mnths preggers to 6mnths lol 1 month to plan + preggers + working 8am-2pm = cranky girl...would finish wrk and start working on the wedding so ahhh I was a cranky girl for awhile.

So I was just wondering what some of the quick comebacks are that you use when people ask you dumb questions, im 37 weeks now and soooo sick of stupid questions! ...

Today A lady asked me what I was having and I looked at her with a blank stare and said a puppy.. wink

A lady also asked me (when I was abut 30 weeks and not even THAT big) if I was having twins. I was having a bad day and automatically snapped saying "no, are you?" her face was priceless laugh tongue

So feel free to share some of your priceless moments and all us pregzillas can have a giggle together wink smile

at least the lady who asked you if you were having twins wasnt your mother like me!!!

bi**h LOL

i really enjoy pretending im not preggers and acting offended, it works very well

The one I get quite a lot is.. "Oh wow, when did that happen?" I normally answer with "About 39 weeks ago" lol

What a stupid question! And I've been asked it at a couple different stages in my pregnancy so the only thing that changes in my answer is the weeks smile

www.facebook.com/LeReveWithSally

I always used to get "Do you know if it's a boy or a girl"? I would say "There are other options"? I also liked acting oblivious to the fact I was pregnant and looking shocked when someone implied it. Ah memories tongue

I am too slow for comebacks but I am looking forward to seeing what everyone writes...so funny!

Sadly I also fall in the too slow category, often coming up with things 5 mins later blink

DS - Nov 2008 & DD - Feb 2012

i know this thread is tongue in cheek but arent you being a little mean? at least these people are showing an interest etc. the type of things you have posted are the types of things i say to people who are pregnant as what else it there to say. i always ask do you know what you are having. it is a follow on question. i mean really, what other pregnancy related things can we discuss? most people are only being polite with those questions.

lol sorry smile
I dont really mind being asked questions, i think it's nice that they care to ask.
I work in customer service...and sometime i have to be with a customer for an hour at a time, so i guess the stupid pregnant questions fill in some of the time.

if i go into the shop and the person behind the counter asked a question...i find thats better then the standard "gee is a cold day" small talk.

i really hope your not really mean to ppl...i do the silly "oh i'm not pregnant thing" as a laugh with ppl, but i could never be rude

Woahhhhh ladies - I wasnt trying to offend anyone! blink unsure

I understand that people tend to ask these questions as clearly since you are pregnant there is nothing else to talk about. What I ment was people that you really have no connection to - for example when someone felt they need to ask me a silly question while I was in an elevator having a chat with my partner on the way up... they felt the need to interrupt our own conversation to ask a question that was quite clearly none of their business and I was never going to see them again..

Anyways just wanted to say it was all a bit tongue in cheek and supposed to give a bit of a giggle, I didnt mean to offend anyone (and If I did I am sorry).

smile
Do strangers normally come up and ask you personal question? I think not, so why is it ok for them to ask just because your pregnant.

My personal favourite was a co-worker who everyday asked me how i was feeling in a really patronizing voice, in the end i used to say "pregnant im feeling pregnant" her face was priceless!

I was out one day and some asked if i was feeding my baby ( i assume the meant bf) I played dumb and said "well she'd be screaming if i'd never fed her"

Woahhhhh ladies - I wasnt trying to offend anyone! blink unsure

I understand that people tend to ask these questions as clearly since you are pregnant there is nothing else to talk about. What I ment was people that you really have no connection to - for example when someone felt they need to ask me a silly question while I was in an elevator having a chat with my partner on the way up... they felt the need to interrupt our own conversation to ask a question that was quite clearly none of their business and I was never going to see them again..

Anyways just wanted to say it was all a bit tongue in cheek and supposed to give a bit of a giggle, I didnt mean to offend anyone (and If I did I am sorry).

smile

dw Tanya its pretty obvious this thread was created as a laugh.

I am the same - I don't want to discuss my pregnancy with every single person I meet, and I shouldn't have to. Obviously people who ask simple stock standard questions like what are you having when are you due etc i am fine with most of the time. But other more personal questions or even rude questions I am not going to answer. At work the other day a woman said to me 'what does your baby think about you working at a place like THIS?' needless to say I was not impressed, and she found that out smile
Sign in to follow this topic