Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Braxton Hicks at 20 weeks Lock Rss

This is baby number 3 for me, and I've never had them this early before. There's no pain at all, just a few times a day my belly goes as hard and round as a bowling ball. Should I be concerned about early labour, or just grateful my body's getting well prepared? huh

This is baby number 3 for me, and I've never had them this early before. There's no pain at all, just a few times a day my belly goes as hard and round as a bowling ball. Should I be concerned about early labour, or just grateful my body's getting well prepared? huh

I'd like to know the answer to this as well! I've been getting BH since about 23 weeks (am now 29) and it freaks me out - this is my first. I've been consoling myself with tales of the body which has BH can handle labour better... no idea if that's true or not but I like the sound of it. Am a little frightened of labour unsure
Theyre pretty normal.
With my 3rd I was getting them from bout 9 weeks noticeably. When I went for my 12 week scan it was tensing up so tight into a ball that the sonographer had to wait til it un-tensed on & off to scan properly.
You'll probably find you'll get heaps more this pregnancy being your third.
Yes it is normal, i have had them for a while and did get them early with my 4th and 5th bub so dont worry

I got them from 18w last (and first) pregnancy. Took me a while to work out what was going on though! I did go on to have my son at 34w - but don't think it was related to how early the BH were. They started earlier this time - about 14w I think, but I was prepared for that as the midwife said they get earlier/more noticeable each pregnancy!

Reallyreallyexcited - I have heard that train of thought too. I have no idea if it is true either, but I do think that because I had strong & frequent BH, you learn ways to breathe through them and not panic/tense up. As a result, I didn't know I was in labour until the nurse told me, as it was hard to draw the line between the 'real' contractions really quite intense BH!
Sign in to follow this topic