Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

When to tell work? Lock Rss

Hi Ladies,
When did you tell your workplace you were expecting?
Thankyou smile
I told them at 18 weeks. I think you have to give a certain number of weeks notice before you go on maternity leave, but as long as you do that you can wait as long as you like!
i told my supervisor when i was ten weeks so she could have too much notice LOL so someone could be trained up (about 6 weeks) and ready to replace me by the time I left. Didn't get a replacement for my position until after I had gone! Go figure...I was quite happy not to tell anyone until the last moment.

Hi Ladies,
When did you tell your workplace you were expecting?
Thankyou smile

I told them at 12 weeks but they already knew... my boss had read my emails - another manager made it so obvious he knew. Didnt matter though, I'd only been there 4 weeks when I found out I was up the duff and they still gave me maternity leave smile
i had to tell asap as i worked underground.

sucked as it ment job change to office. but i think once ur past the 12wks your pretty right to tell
My first pregnancy i had to tell my manager when i was 7 and a half weeks why he wanted to know why i was going home early alot.

I told them at 14 weeks. I wanted to have had my 12 week scan and know all was well. by then i was starting to show too so I had to !

If you fancy a laugh, visit my blog which is basically a collection of observations and rantings about motherhood, people and the mundane. See www.callmepicky.blogspot.com.au

I'm 17 weeks and told work last week. Wasnt planning to tell them for another couple of weeks but my boss assigned me to lead a project which wouldnt be finishing till after my due date so I felt it only fair to tell him. I think I would have had to tell them this week anyway as it turns out as I have popped out all of a sudden over the last few days!
I told my boss at 12 weeks. Wish I had waited tbh as he treated me differently once he knew. I started showing at about 15 weeks though so wouldn't have been able to wait much longer!
I waited till after my downs test once i new all was good then we told everyone.
Sign in to follow this topic