Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Baby Shower Lock Rss

Im having my baby shower tomorrow which im guessing should be a exciting day? but its not im OVER it its gonna be huge (40 people) which about half if that i know. The other people are my partners mums work friends even he doesnt know them.
i was hoping to sleep in n take my time getting ready but instead i gotta get up earlyish and go and set up which i understand its my babyshower so i have to help but i dont even know half the people.
My nan offered to make sndwitches which was lovely but then i had to tell her enough for 40 people which makes me feel bad sad
theres so much more stuff which is frustrating but yea!

sorry to ramble on about it its just really frustrating lol

anyone else had a WONDERFUL experiance like this ?
Can you get your partners mother to ask Her friends to birng a small plate of food. That would help out heaps.
yea thats a good idea not sure if she will tho not sure if shes heaps close to them just work together
might work tho
Asking everyone to bring a plate is a great idea! I've done this with a couple big get togethers and it always works well.

Just curious, but why have people who've never met you been invited to your baby shower? I could completely understand if it was family but I find it a bit weird that your partners work friends are coming.

well my partners mums work friends are invited because she said they are sharing the journy of her becoming a grandparent thats one of the things that frustrates me the most like yeah shes paying money towards babyshower but doesnt mean she can go crazy inviting people
I had a much bigger baby shower then i planned on ever having and i just had to switch off, take a step aside and let the grandparents enjoy "their" moment. It was really hard but by the time the games started and the food is out, the couple of hours go soo quick and you walk away being a good sport, and in most cases with lots of gifts. Which help ease the anger.
i suppopse it will get easier once everything is all organised n underway lol and mabey having my friends and family there might make it better cause i actually know them smile
This sounds like what's happening with mine, I don't even know the people that are coming to mine because I'm having a joint one with my DF's sister. I have my mum and maybe 3 of my friends coming. The other twenty something are my soon to be mother/sister-in-laws friends.
I don't even want to have one any more because I feel like it will just make me look like a loner and make me depressed. I'd really just rather a lunch with my mum and some friends.

Just tell them how you feel I guess, and that the pressure of pregnancy and organising this let alone the baby is getting to you! I'm sure they will understand smile
Good luck!

This sounds like what's happening with mine, I don't even know the people that are coming to mine because I'm having a joint one with my DF's sister. I have my mum and maybe 3 of my friends coming. The other twenty something are my soon to be mother/sister-in-laws friends.
I don't even want to have one any more because I feel like it will just make me look like a loner and make me depressed. I'd really just rather a lunch with my mum and some friends.

Just tell them how you feel I guess, and that the pressure of pregnancy and organising this let alone the baby is getting to you! I'm sure they will understand smile
Good luck!

it really is getting to me iv decided i dont want one anymore and will be glad when its finished.
i was gonna tell them how i feel but i live in the same house as them and cant be bothered with people getting the [email protected]#ts with me ahhhh actual cant be botherd haha sad staying in bed all day away from everyone sounds like a better plan LOL
Sounds like you just need to take a deep breath and relax smile its not worth you getting upset over. I had alot of people at my baby shower and it was very overwhelming and leading up to the day i just wanted it to go away lol but when everyone arrived and we started playing the games it was alot of fun everyone was so excited & so happy for us & we got some very beautiful presents & so many clothes itl keep my daughter dressed for a year! Just enjoy yourself, if you dont know half the people dont talk to them lol. I hope its a great day for you!

it really is getting to me iv decided i dont want one anymore and will be glad when its finished.
i was gonna tell them how i feel but i live in the same house as them and cant be bothered with people getting the [email protected]#ts with me ahhhh actual cant be botherd haha sad staying in bed all day away from everyone sounds like a better plan LOL

I live in the same house with mine too! Haha, are we twins?! tongue
Sign in to follow this topic