Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Help wanted Lock Rss

Hi guys, just after some advice =)

I found out yesterday i'm pregnant with my second baby, the thing is this pregnancy was not planned. I'm still breastfeeding on the mini pill and use condoms blink My partner is over the moon about the pregnancy, but i'm extreamly worried. At the moment we are just planning a big move internationally we leave in April, Also i feel really guilty for my son. Hes just about to turn a year old, and i don't know why i feel like this?

I just want some advice from people who have been through this.

Thanks in advance =)
hi i fell pregnant 3 weeks after DS2 blink i was worried at first with getting huge and not being able to carry DS2 around as you do when out and about etc but after the first few weeks of worry i was over the moon and excited and there is 21 months between ds1 and ds2 and they all get along really well triple the trouble but also lots more fun! my brother and sister and i were all born three consecutive years like i had mine and we are all really close now and growing up, especially my brother and i being 11 months apart we are like twins almost.

hi i fell pregnant 3 weeks after DS2 blink i was worried at first with getting huge and not being able to carry DS2 around as you do when out and about etc but after the first few weeks of worry i was over the moon and excited and there is 21 months between ds1 and ds2 and they all get along really well triple the trouble but also lots more fun! my brother and sister and i were all born three consecutive years like i had mine and we are all really close now and growing up, especially my brother and i being 11 months apart we are like twins almost.

Hi Candie&damien+3

Thankyou so much for that, How did each of your children react when you had another baby?

Was it hard for them?? thats the bit i'm worried about. I think it's great the age difference you have between your children. =) I always wanted a close age but now it has happened i'm scared haha. Suppose i need to wait for the news to sink in =)

Charlotte

Hi Candie&damien+3

Thankyou so much for that, How did each of your children react when you had another baby?

Was it hard for them?? thats the bit i'm worried about. I think it's great the age difference you have between your children. =) I always wanted a close age but now it has happened i'm scared haha. Suppose i need to wait for the news to sink in =)

Charlotte

Hi charlotte,

My children all reacted really well there wasnt any jealousy, DS1 liked helping with feeds when i stopped breast feeding, i would have the nappies on my bookcase so they were low enough to reach and he would love getting them for me to help DS2 or DD and even at nearly 4 years old he will still do it, i can stick them all in the bath together and they have a good time splashing, when DS2 was about 5 months thats when i introduced him to DS1 bath time in a baby bath seat support with suction caps at the bottom and he learnt that it was just small splashes like the little baby was doing until DS2 was bigger and was really having a go at it, they are all very protective of each other DS1 isnt afraid to stand up to anyone if they have hurt his little brother or sister. it depends on the child too my DD is very mummy daddys girl and i dont think she would cope well with a baby sister or brother where as DS1 was a daddys boy but not over the top about it and DS2 was a mummies boy but suprisingly he didnt mind when i had DD and luckily he was walking at elevn months so i didnt feel bad about not holding my other little baby. when each baby was born they were very inquisitive and wanted to sit right up next to me during BF so they could talk to me read a book or just tell me over and over look the baby is eating laugh

its a scary thought at first but well worth it in the end and if your first baby is in a good routine or getting into one that helps a lot. Each child afetr the first have lined their daily routine into their brothers so they have a three hour nap after lunch. I think what scared me the most was bringing baby number two home because it was going from one to two but after a week routine takes form and you wonder why you were ever worried! the only one thing DS1 will have a tanty over to do with his brother or sister is if they touch his special toys which is his teddy that he has had since birth but other than that they get along well.
I have 13 months between ds1 and ds2 and it's been a great age gap. Because ds1 was so young when ds2 was born there has never been any jealousy. Ds1 LOVED ds2 from the moment they met, he loves to cuddle and kiss him wub
They have started really playing together in the last month and it's adorable! They sit giggling and talking away to each other for ages. Very precious. I'm so glad we decided on a close age gao, best decision ever!

Hi Charlotte,

Congrats!!
Having them close together is GREAT! I now wish I had had them closer!
DS#1 & DS#2 are 16 months apart and we are pregnant again with our third and final, there will be 20 months between DS#2 and this one!

The feeling you have is the guilt at taking the you and them one on one time away from your first. What they lose in that respect they gain back from having a sibling to play with.

We have never had any jealously, we involved DS#1 from day one!

Lottie
Thank you soo much for all your replys =)

Feel so much better now, and actually getting excited, all you ladies are brilliant and i can't express my thanks enough. This has been worrying me so much, and now i actually feel i can put my mind and rest. And start being excited for this new special gift.

Much love to you all grin

Charlotte xx

Thank you soo much for all your replys =)

Feel so much better now, and actually getting excited, all you ladies are brilliant and i can't express my thanks enough. This has been worrying me so much, and now i actually feel i can put my mind and rest. And start being excited for this new special gift.

Much love to you all grin

Charlotte xx

your most welcome and congratulations!!! xx
Sign in to follow this topic