Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Just curious, Lock Rss

I didn't think of it the first time either. I wonder if it's because we've led the fancy free life and are blissfully unaware or don't take much notice of what others are going though - because we can't relate to it at that point in time.

Yeah I didn't think about it so much pregnant with DS even though SIL had her stillborn before this. I now know what it's like to have a child and what I would be losing I guess.

DS - Nov 2008 & DD - Feb 2012

I think I was blissfully unaware. I also think the more mothers I meet, the more aware I become of the horrible things some people experience.

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Always!

I'm not absolutely paranoid, like i'll still perform my typical daily activities,(within reason of corse) but it quite regularly crosses my mind.

I was alot worse with my first as I always wanted kids and we fell pregnant first try and everything just seemed to be going too well that I was sure that something would go wrong. For some reason I couldn't actually picture us and a baby together. It actually took me a few weeks for it to actually sink in that this baby was ours! I actually said to DD1 while we were still in hospital, "come to Aunty xxxx". I was so used to looking after everyone else's kids.

I don't think it ever leaves the back of your mind!

I didn't think of it the first time either. I wonder if it's because we've led the fancy free life and are blissfully unaware or don't take much notice of what others are going though - because we can't relate to it at that point in time.

This is 100% true in my case. DS was a surprise bub for DF and I and I found out at 7-8 weeks. It didn't feel real until I was 14ish weeks. I had no previous experience with babies or miscarriages. NOW I love my DS so deeply I couldn't imagine not having him. I can say with complete honesty if I were to miscarry this time I would be 600% more affected by it because I know how much of a blessing babies are and being planned and prepared for another pregnancy for it to miscarry would be devastating.
Yes definately. With the first one all the way through. It may sound dark but I like to emotionally prepare myself for the worse. Mentally preparing myself if the worst was to happen. I am trying to lighten up this time around. I've always thought I was planning for the worst hoping for the best but just recently someone mentioned that I am "paying interest on something I haven't purchased yet" so to speak... this was on a different matter but I've realised I do this for every possible situation, even when driving I am forever contemplating what other drivers could do, or where a pet could run out etc, and coming up with a plan to avoid the worse etc... yep I hear you "lighten up smile"
it only crossed my mind with DD at 14wks when i had some bright red spotting but after seeing her at an ultrasound the worries disappeared.

with the twins tho i spent my whole pregnancy worried something was going to happen which i think was because my cousin had twin boys 6yrs before me but one passed away at 8days old. even for their first 18mths i was so scared something was going to happen to them :S
All the time throughout my pregnancy with DD, I now have a big phobia about being
Pregnant for all the what if reasons which is stopping me having another.

I got near the end 36 wks of my pregnancy finshed full time work and actually started to relax a little as I had many sleepless nights of worry,was I overdoing it at work,driving home at midnight most nights thinking a drunk driver was going to hit me on the road and so on...

At 37 weeks I started feeling strange and could not quite put my finger on the feelings I was having, everyone including my doctor was convincing me I was fine and it was just because I was at the end.

At 39 weeks had a planned caesarean ,had undiagnosed pre-eclampsia ,kidney failure and DD had deteriorated and was 4lb 5oz had to grow into her skin and was lucky to be a live.

If I do get the courage to have another I will spend the whole pregnancy worrying again as i believe being a mother the worry will never will go away ,but for now i thank god everyday for the one I have ,I am blessed and never take it for granted that am lucky to have her no matter how bad the day is .

Chalys I'm sorry you see these things and commend you on the great job you do day in and day out. Work sucks anyway for most people but your job really sucks.
with my first 2 i din't really think about it at all.

then i had 2 misscariages and now with this pregnancy i am constantly thinking about it and am so paranoid.

at the beining i was worried about misscariage and now that i'm in the second trimester i though i'd relax but now i worry about still birth.

i keep thinking am i growing enough? or why am i having this pai? i keep wanting to have an ultrasound to check everything is ok but then i worry that i will not see a heart beat.

i'm not enjoying this pregnancy at all because of this sad

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

I was so nervous threw both my pregnancy's that i only relax when i had both the boys & i know i probably be the same with my next pregnancy.

That probably why i held onto my pregnancy test cause i was afraid of jinxing it.

Constantly. Right until the point she was out safe. I was paranoid that I wouldnt be able to get pregnant, and it happened first try. Then I worried about everything else once I was, the NT tests, gestational diabetes, everything. I had spotting and pretty chronic cramping a few times throughout so was worried about that. I had a friend, very healthy, just got unlucky with GD, have a stillborn at 38 weeks, noticed that he wasn't moving as much, (not confirmed to be caused by the GD), so even when everything was going fine I still worried. I also had high bp (only during pregnancy), so was worried about everything related to that too! And I worried until the 28 week prem mark. Im a worrier!
I never thought about it after the 12 week mark with my first two because everyone tells you that after 12 weeks your "safe" So my third pregnancy i was super confident right up until my baby stopped moving at 18 weeks, it took me three days to convince the doctors in my town that something was wrong. Eventually i got an ultrasound and was told their was no heartbeat, they induced me and it took three more days after that to deliver my little boy. It was the worst time in my life. My fourth pregnancy i was a mess for most of it the 18th week was the worst. I am now pregnant again with fifth and i am not nearly as paranoid the 18th week was hard again but apart from that i am just trying to enjoy my pregnancy i have come to terms with the fact that if something goes wrong their is nothing i can do about it. I have such admiration for the midwives that help mums like me they are amazing. I will never forget the kindness of Janet the midwife that delivered my little man.
I never thought about it after the 12 week mark with my first two because everyone tells you that after 12 weeks your "safe" So my third pregnancy i was super confident right up until my baby stopped moving at 18 weeks, it took me three days to convince the doctors in my town that something was wrong. Eventually i got an ultrasound and was told their was no heartbeat, they induced me and it took three more days after that to deliver my little boy. It was the worst time in my life. My fourth pregnancy i was a mess for most of it the 18th week was the worst. I am now pregnant again with fifth and i am not nearly as paranoid the 18th week was hard again but apart from that i am just trying to enjoy my pregnancy i have come to terms with the fact that if something goes wrong their is nothing i can do about it. I have such admiration for the midwives that help mums like me they are amazing. I will never forget the kindness of Janet the midwife that delivered my little man.
Sign in to follow this topic