Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Nuchal results - how fast? Lock Rss

I am wondering how quickly you have received results from your nuchal scans? I had my bloods done last week and the ultrasound yesterday. Today my doctor rang to ask me to come in Monday to discuss the results. Has anyone had results this quickly? With my last pregnancy I had to wait a week (that was 4 years ago though) so wondering if there could be an issue and freaking out a bit. Well, freaking out a lot so have managed to get 'squeezed in' to see the doctor tomorrow morning instead. Just wondering if this is normal procedure and timeline?

Hmmm... Not sure.

Don't want to worry you, I guess every place does it differently but I was always told that I would recieve a call to pick my results up when they were ready or if there was some concern they would be sent to my ob. and I would get a call from my ob.

My results were ready after a couple of days though!

Hope it all OK! Don't stress until you need to (I know! Easier said than done) It may be just the way they do things.

Hmmm... Not sure.

Don't want to worry you, I guess every place does it differently but I was always told that I would recieve a call to pick my results up when they were ready or if there was some concern they would be sent to my ob. and I would get a call from my ob.

My results were ready after a couple of days though!

Hope it all OK! Don't stress until you need to (I know! Easier said than done) It may be just the way they do things.

Hey boofarama, thanks for your answer! The fact that you got your results after a couple of days is reassuring. I'm trying not to stress too much, the nurse who rang told me not to worry also ... easier said than done!
Thanks again!

I usually get my results immediately - at the same appointment as the scan (by a doctor at the scan place). Then of course they are sent to my Ob for her information. Best of luck.

I usually get my results immediately - at the same appointment as the scan (by a doctor at the scan place). Then of course they are sent to my Ob for her information. Best of luck.

Wow! That's pretty quick!

I usually do for other ultra sounds (1-2 hrs later) but not for nuchal as they have to compare the bloods etc.

My doctor automatically booked an appointment for a few days after my ultrasound for the results and when I went to get my ultrasound the sonographer told me that my blood results were already in his system to go with the measurement so I think they are pretty quick about it all. Good luck although I'm sure you will be fine smile

I got mine within 20mins of the scan. I did my bloods the week before and the pathology place must have sent them there to analyse. It was good, no waiting and wondering.

DS - Nov 2008 & DD - Feb 2012

Thanks everyone for your responses and positive news! Will report back tomorrow that everything is ok I'm sure! The lady who did the ultrasound said everything looked good and our measurements were good so just going to stay positive and not stress (too much) smile

I also got mine straight after the scan. i did my bloods a week before. It was a private place so maybe public do it different? Was yours private or public?
yeah i got mine within 5mins of the scan also. i guess it depends on where you get it done and who they have qualified to assess them.

dont stress..xx
Well good news, I am considered low risk! The doctor said my NT was a bit high but at 2.4mm it is fine and combined with my bloods I'm in the accepted range. Thanks for everyones feedback, much relived here, yay!

Well good news, I am considered low risk! The doctor said my NT was a bit high but at 2.4mm it is fine and combined with my bloods I'm in the accepted range. Thanks for everyones feedback, much relived here, yay!

That's great to hear! Just frustrating that they got you worried over nothing. Although, we tend to worry anyway!

All the best for the rest of your pregnancy!

Sign in to follow this topic