Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. How to ask for no visitors after bubs birth.

How to ask for no visitors after bubs birth. Rss

Hi ladies,

Yesterday I received some very exciting news - I'm going to be induced Saturday arvo! We are very excited to be meeting our little boy so soon.

I was after some advice on how to word a post on Facebook requesting that only immediate family visit me in hospital and everyone else to hang off for 2 days and visit me when I get home.

The problem is that some of these friends see themselves as far more important than they really are and always try to organise me and will turn up at the hospital the minute I have baby. She is so bad that I won't even tell her the induction date! Also Last time I had bub I had far too many visitors and with all the hormones it was far too much for me to handle.

So do you have any ideas of how to word such a post so that it is not offensive but with no uncertainty outlines my wishes? I want to post something ahead of time so that people have time to adjust to the idea of not coming to the hospital rather than me ringing them up and saying 'I've had the baby, but no I'd prefer you didn't visit'....

Thanks in advance.
I have no qualms telling people I don't do visitors in hospital! We did have family only but our friends would not be bothered by that at all. You have to do what is right for you and if people get offended that's their problem.

TBH I wouldn't be posting the induction date and I wouldn't post a notice saying you've had bubs until 2 days later when you are ready for visitors!!

Good luck with the birth, hope it is quick and easy!!
you have asked my question, as i am nearly 33 weeks, with second child and have been wondering how to tell extended family not to come in. i even spoke to MIL about this (most of those family members are her brothers and sisters), and her response was: "well we will see dear, see how you go and feel at the time" i told her it wasn't a matter of how i feel at the time, i simply do not want extended family there. she still didnt get it! she said, oh well, maybe they wont visit for long!

so anyway, i dot really have any advice, because i still have 7 weeks to go, and am stressing about the amount of vistors i will have.

goodluck, though, and i hope we both can get our families to understand smile
Maybe just wait until you and bub are home before announcing the birth? If no one knows your induction date, no one will be expecting your announcement anyway. Other wise I would just write after the birth along the lines of: ' we would like to announce the early but safe arrivial of xxxx, we would appreciate if everyone could wait until we are settled at home before visiting us.' You could always get the midwifes to let people know you don't want visitiors also. Good luck!!
I wouldn't announce baby's birth or induction date on Facebook until your ready for visitors. Mayb call your immediate family And the people you want to visit and just tell them to keep it to themselves.
I have a similar issue but it's with particular ppl that I don't want to be there but will prob try somehow so no one will kno -but my mum and dad , they will b babysitting my dd while in hospital. So we just won't tell anyone until we are ready for visitors.

I have no qualms telling people I don't do visitors in hospital! We did have family only but our friends would not be bothered by that at all. You have to do what is right for you and if people get offended that's their problem.

TBH I wouldn't be posting the induction date and I wouldn't post a notice saying you've had bubs until 2 days later when you are ready for visitors!!

Good luck with the birth, hope it is quick and easy!!

Thanks for the advice. It is a bit of a tricky situation regarding the announcement of the induction date as I have had a very complicated and worrying pregnancy so this induction has been sometime in the making. I have avoided giving an actual date rather saying that our newest addition is looking forward to meeting everybody early next week. When I have been directly asked I have said that there needs to be some element of surprise and I'll let them know when he has made his arrival. Unfortuantely, them main reason I have to do this is cause I have one 'friend' who thinks she is far more important than she is and will take offence if I ask her not to come. In addition, I can't let hubby do it as he can't say no and with last bub I had 7 children and 6 adults all at once in my tiny hospital cubicle...it was just awful.
YAY!! For having an indusction date tongue

ME - 23
DH - 25

Miss Willow

Keeping fit and healthy in pregnancy!!

Just don't announce bubs arrival until you are home. If you've already told people that it will be 'sometime' next week, then they wont know any different if you announce it once you're home. Easy smile

Or other option is... 'I don't want visitors at the hospital and if you turn up, I will tell them not to let you in!'

If people take offence to it, then bugger them because it is your time to bond and your bub, not theirs!

www.facebook.com/LeReveWithSally

tell the midwives immediate family only or no visitors please. Even if someone rocks up to visit you they will be told when they ask for your room number that visitors are not permitted and not allowed in. dont not annouce it for that one person and surely the polite thing to do is check with you about visiting and you can always say your not up to it can you wait till I am home. unfortunately you with these things you either have to not say anything or say it plainly sometimes - whether it offends or not - think of you and settling with your new bub!! goodluck!

I'd keep the post casual, put something like

'baby has arrived and we are both doing well and I'm looking forward to everyone meeting baby once we get home... I'll keep you posted on when Im up for visitors but for now Im looking forward to getting as much rest as possible (if possible!!)'

I like that one! If people dont like it they can get over it - its your birth, your new bub. People always seem to forget that when new babies are involved.
Yay for the induction date!

WOW who just shows up without asking first??? even our family dont do that, it would *** me to tears.

everyone just showed up after i had DS i had just had surgery and was hardly awake and i had about twenty people come through my room i was in no way up to visitor
my stupid family they suck
"Having Bub this weekend. But DH and I are looking forward to spending a couple of quiet days in hospital bonding with Bubs. All visitors welcome when we get home on Monday"
Sign in to follow this topic