Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Bleeding after stretch and sweep.

Bleeding after stretch and sweep. Rss

Hi Ladies,

I had a stretch and sweep done on Tuesday at lunchtime, its now thursday night and I still have lots of red bloody mucus. Just wondering how long you are meant to bleed for? And whether I should get it checked? I'm being induced on Saturday anyway. The last time I was up at the labour ward they said that I have been in early labour since the s&s due to the intensity and frequency of the contractions.

not sure whether this is normal or what I should do...

Hi Ladies,

I had a stretch and sweep done on Tuesday at lunchtime, its now thursday night and I still have lots of red bloody mucus. Just wondering how long you are meant to bleed for? And whether I should get it checked? I'm being induced on Saturday anyway. The last time I was up at the labour ward they said that I have been in early labour since the s&s due to the intensity and frequency of the contractions.

not sure whether this is normal or what I should do...

I can't really answer your questions sorry! But if you are even a tiny bit concerned give your labour ward a call and chat to the midwife.

Not long now and you'll be holding bub...
I had a s&s last Friday and again on Wednesday and both times I bled for the rest of the day and had a little bit of blood stained mucous the following day. I don't know exactly what is normal but I agree with the others if you are concerned, better to put your mind at ease and give the midwives a ring. Good luck on Saturday smile
Sign in to follow this topic