Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Reassure me! Lock Rss

So I am not panicking. I am a rational thinking person, and I know I mustn't panic. Baby is still moving around all the time so it's all ok right?

My measurements havn't changed since 28 weeks, now almost 33 weeks.

I'm no expert on pregnancy - does anyone know what they do if the baby stops growing all together? I have to start seeing my dr every week now as she was a little concerned.

i think it can be normal for your measurement not to change because the baby can be in different positions
i would getthem to moniter it with US's the should be more reliable
Thanks for your reply. She said if there is still no growth by the next appointment she will do an ultrasound.

Dd was born at full term weighing only 6lb 4oz, but was still healthy. I looked at my pregnancy record with her, and at 32 weeks I was still bigger with her than I am with this one at 32 weeks.

I do everything right with healthy living... trying my best not to stress out but it's a bit difficult. Bubs moving is reassuring, so I keep trying to focus on that instead. Argh....

So I am not panicking. I am a rational thinking person, and I know I mustn't panic. Baby is still moving around all the time so it's all ok right?

My measurements havn't changed since 28 weeks, now almost 33 weeks.

I'm no expert on pregnancy - does anyone know what they do if the baby stops growing all together? I have to start seeing my dr every week now as she was a little concerned.

I wouldn't worry to much, this happened to me with my last son.
I measured the same for weeks and weeks, even right at the end i was overdue and still measuring 38 weeks and when my son was born he was a WHOOPING 10 POUNDS!

If the Doctors and MW aren't worried than you should be fine.
Do you mean fundal height? It could be that the baby is still growing fine.

I had similar problems combined with scan results showing poor growth in 3 of my 4 pregnancies. One of those times the baby was not responding well to stimuli (eg loud noises and sugar) whilst in utero (recorded on CTG which tracks heartrate of baby), and I was induced at 38 weeks.

The other 2 times I was induced later as the heartrates were fine until later on.

It doesn't matter if the baby is small so much as if it is not growing adequately. So, a scan can compare the size from your last scan to now and see if all is growing properly.

My fundal height always was quite tiny but my babies (except the first who was 5lb) were all average size and completely healthy at birth.
I have no idea... But I wanted to send you GBHs of reassurance!!!!
I'd be jumping up and down for an u/s asap... not because there's anything wrong, but so they have something to compare the next one to iykwim? That way if there's a prob they know sooner rather than later.

Not that there's a prob

I'm sure everything is fine smile

I guess they may be thinking the bub is IGUR, which would be the worst case scenario? If that's the case, then considering you're already 33 weeks, they might just want you to deliver a bit early, maybe 35 - 36 weeks?

I don't have any experience with that, just a brief convo with my ob as they suspected my DS may have been IGUR but was undiagnosed during pg (although I would dispute this, I think he was just a tad on the petite side smile ) however I do have experience with prems and can tell you that at 35+ weeks bub is almost baked anyway and everything should be a-ok.

Hope that helps smile

Oh honey Big hugs to you smile
With my eldest dd I always measured small and from 28 weeks I was on weekly ultrasounds to monitor her growth and also CTG's twice weekly. It turned out when she was born at just past 36 weeks that her placenta was 1/2 the size it should of been. She weighed 2.2kg but was perfect and did not require any medical help.
With my twins I was also small and they weighed 1.9kg and 2.1kg.
Ds weighed just under 2.7kg.

Your first dd was small so it's maybe just that your little bub is taking after her. The good thing is that your feeling plenty of movements. Try not to worry too much, if it's required you'll just have extra monitoring. Thinking of you and take care xxx
Yep I mean fundal height. Last time I was always undersize, but because I was still growing at each measurement there was no concern.

I might actually go back and ask for more thorough checking... I've also been having a clear/watery discharge today - a constant leak that it's like I keep wetting my pants, even though I know I'm not.

Yep I mean fundal height. Last time I was always undersize, but because I was still growing at each measurement there was no concern.

I might actually go back and ask for more thorough checking... I've also been having a clear/watery discharge today - a constant leak that it's like I keep wetting my pants, even though I know I'm not.

I would definitely be going back and asking for a scan especially if you think your waters may be leaking.

It sound like your waters may be leaking and i would go straight away and get checked out.

Good Luck.
I'd be contacting your Dr/Midwife now and requesting an ultrasound and also explain the discharge. Better to go in today and get checked out I think.
Sign in to follow this topic