Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. early scan and only sac found

early scan and only sac found Lock Rss

I had a scan done last Wednesday, which by my dates I should have been 6weeks, when scan was done there was only a sac and it dated at 5weeks. I have been having cramping pain and light discharge.

I go back for a scan in 2 weeks to see if something has started to form. I hate the waiting and not knowing, it is the only thing I can think of, they said that the sac looked good and was in the right place, but that was all I had going for this pregnancy.

This is my 3rd and the first 2 where fine so I am a little bit concerned.
Has this happened to anyone else?
this happened with my first, i was 6 weeks and all they saw was the sac. the guy said not to worry its very common and i went on to have a healthy pregnancy.

this time i went for an early scan didnt realise i was only 3-4 weeks so we obviously saw nothing.... not even a sac and i was really worried.
i went back 2 weeks later and we saw the sac, a little grain of rice and a heartbeat lol

dont stress im sure everything is perfectly fine smile

I had a scan done last Wednesday, which by my dates I should have been 6weeks, when scan was done there was only a sac and it dated at 5weeks. I have been having cramping pain and light discharge.

I go back for a scan in 2 weeks to see if something has started to form. I hate the waiting and not knowing, it is the only thing I can think of, they said that the sac looked good and was in the right place, but that was all I had going for this pregnancy.

This is my 3rd and the first 2 where fine so I am a little bit concerned.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Hi Sweety

sorry to read this happening to you... it happened to me 2006 my second pregnancy... they only found a sac at 6 weeks and then i went back a week later and they still didnt find a baby... then a week after that... they told me to go to the hospital because everything was deteriorating... so i had a D & C at 8 weeks...

i just hope its not the same senario for you
This happened to me aswell. All my dates were correct, but they could only see the sac.
When I went back to my GP, he ordered more blood tests just to check that all my levels were still rising & told me to go back the following week for another scan (i saw him a few days after the 1st scan).
He also called me the next day when my blood test results came through to tell me not to worry as my levels had risen exactly as they should.

Try not to stress too much....easier said than done I know!
Hi,

This happened to me as well when I had my 2nd pregnancy in 2008, apparently it is quite normal according to my obs, he found the sac when I was 9 weeks old pregnant and just realised there had no baby, it called blighted ovum in my case. After 3 months of D&C, I fell pregnant again, and now my boy is 25 months old and I have a beautiful little girl after that, and she is 8 months old now.

But, I hope yours is not turn out like mine. Good luck with your next scan.

Regards,
Nov
Hi,
Also happened to us. We went at 6w2d (my calculations) and saw only the sac. The guy was a twit though, as we kind of saw something in it on the black and whites. We freaked out a bit until we got back new bloods and a new scan at 8 weeks - which put me 2 days ahead (so I was really 6w4d). Try not to stress, and I hope that your bubba is there next time you have a scan.

RIP Muffin. 25/06/95 - > 09/05/14

Hi,

This happened to me as well when I had my 2nd pregnancy in 2008, apparently it is quite normal according to my obs, he found the sac when I was 9 weeks old pregnant and just realised there had no baby, it called blighted ovum in my case. After 3 months of D&C, I fell pregnant again, and now my boy is 25 months old and I have a beautiful little girl after that, and she is 8 months old now.

But, I hope yours is not turn out like mine. Good luck with your next scan.

Regards,
Nov

I also had a blighted ovem. Went for a scan at 6 weeks 3 days and was told I was only 5 weeks. Didn't go back until I had spotting at 8 weeks and was told it was a bloated ovum. Hope your story is different though!!
hey sweetie
im in the same boat as you i had my scan today and they saw the sac but no heart beat sad
i measured 6 weeks exact which is roughly ehat i thought i could of been im not too sure as i done have a clue when af was due.
the ultrasound tech was a wonderful lady i cannot fault her at all she was so kind and nice to me when i bawled my eyes out today.

she said to me that its not over yet like dates could be wrong and some bubs take more time to get there tickers to be shown on ultrasound i also read quite a few cases today on the net about misdiagonsed miscarriages.

have hope sweetie my hope is dwindling as i had two miscarriages last year sad i feel jinxed!!
i hope darl everything is ok for the both of us xxx
Thanks everyone for your suport, I never new how common it was.

I do hope that everything is ok, I would love to have this little baby, my husband said this year was going to be good, we just did not know it was going to be a blessing in the shape of another little baby.

I hope that in two weeks we find a heart beat.

**Love my lil bugs - keep your hopes up as I am trying to do, will keep you posted as to how we go, I hope that we both just have little ones that are there at our next scan. smile
I also had blighted ovum last november at 11 wks. Scan showed sac was 9 wks. sadsadsad

I was completeLy heart broken

I posted what was happening to on here at the time as never heard of blighted ovum . Even though it was my 2nd misscarrage .

I didn't want to believe it was happening to me.

I will never forget the support of ladies of here I got so much loving support
When I was hurting so badly .

I'm hoping this is not the case for you . I'm praying for you & your baby.

Good luck sweetie wink
My first scan only showed a sack. I had to wait a couple more weeks and then went back to see a strong 9 week baby clear as day. I'm now 36 weeks.
My hcg levels were the only indicator that something bad was going on with my previous pregnancy .. I was 10 weeks and went to get u/s done and all I saw was a big dark circle - had a blighted ovum and was scheduled for a d&c one week later thankfully didn't go through it & had natural miscarriage . This was in September . In November after one cycle fell pregnant and went in at my 6 week scan and no sign of baby or heartbeat, went back in a week and everything was fine smile here I am now 16 weeks and baby kicking like crazy smile hope all goes well for u stay positive xoxo

Fofo

Sign in to follow this topic