Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

How much is to much? Lock Rss

Hi everyone, bit of a personal question, how much weight did you put on in your first pregnancies? ive gone from 56kgs to 72!!! and am feeling like a big fat whale,and i still have 8 weeks to go! i eat healthy and excerise when i have the energy,should i stop stressing and just make the most of it, or am i doing something wrong?
I rekon 'too much' would be different for everyone. Sounds like you were quite small to begin with so you can expect to gain more than average.
As long as your dr or midwife is happy then I wouldn't be concerned.
I dont think i gained that much weight during my first pregnancy. i was still wearing my clothes that i fell pregnant in.

But i did gain heaps after she was born.

After losing so much weight before i fell pregnant i was terrified to get pregnant because id gain all the weight again. Im slowly creeping up to my old weight.. I dont think it bothers my other half but it bothers me.

Im currently 28 weeks pregnant and when i first had my midwife appointment i was knocked back for having my baby at the hospital closest to my house, because of my weight. My second midwife appointment the midwife said i should see a dietition. (Sorry, i know spelling) I havent as money is tight..

I plan on losing weight when this baby is born..

But like what the other comment was said, it depends on the size of the mother. and how much the weight gain would be? If that makes sense.
I put on 20kg. Lost it all (i think breastfeeding for 12 months was the key) and now I think I've put about 5kg back on (naughty).
My first pregnancy i went from 60kgs to 78kgs last weighed a week before DD was born. I woudln't stress if you are trying to do the right things, i was like that and dropped it all in 3 months. There is alot your body has to do and alot more stuff in there so try not to worry.

I read in a book the average healthy gain is 10 to 15kg. I weighed 60kg at the start of my pregnancy i was very very fit then i weighed 72kg at the end of my pregnancy. Then after a week of giving birth i weighed 65kg (just came straight of with breastfeeding but then i bottle feed and didnt have any energy or time to exercise as you can imagine. so now i weigh 76kg again so i wouldnt worry about how much you put on just eat healthy and make sure after you've given birth you stay eating healthy and if your breast feeding it just falls of so dont worry.

Hi everyone, bit of a personal question, how much weight did you put on in your first pregnancies? ive gone from 56kgs to 72!!! and am feeling like a big fat whale,and i still have 8 weeks to go! i eat healthy and excerise when i have the energy,should i stop stressing and just make the most of it, or am i doing something wrong?

I am pretty much the exact same - started at 55kgs and up to 71kgs with 9 weeks to go. My midwife is happy with it so i am not worried.
Sign in to follow this topic