Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. very nervous about these pains....

very nervous about these pains.... Rss

Thanks girls, I'm going to go run a bath and try have a snooze. If that doesn't help I'll call the midwives. smile

Have a nice arvo! Xx

Thanks girls, I'm going to go run a bath and try have a snooze. If that doesn't help I'll call the midwives. smile

Have a nice arvo! Xx

Just thought i'd let you know regarding size, my dd1 measureed on the 9th centile throughout my pregnancy with her, it wasn't until a scan at 39 weeks that she had had a growth spurt and was born on time a healthy 6 pound 13, some kids are just made little i think.

Also i had wicked braxton hicks with my 2nd i would actually start timing them they were very strong but after about 20 mins or so they'd go away or the time would spread out, so you might just be getting some strong pains leading up i think my really good ones that would stop me in my tracks started about 2 weeks before i actually had her.

good luck and listen to your body smile

Have a nice arvo! Xx

Hope you can manage some rest. smile
I also wanted to let you know my eldest dd was born at 36weeks 5days and weighed 2.2kg. I measured small for all my pregnancys and with dd1 they had me very scared that she wouldn't be able to breathe by herself but she was perfectly fine. We had a couple of issues with feeding and jaundice but she was so strong. My twin dd's were 1.9kg and 2.1kg and they were born at 37 weeks also both perfectly fine.

Mummy of 5 Gorgeous Babes smile
My newest Gorgeous Baby Boy arrived 1st January 2014 smile xxx

Have a nice arvo! Xx

I had something similar last sunday at neary 38wks... Not painful, but enough to notice. They were coming every 5 mins and lasting for a minute or so. I thought it was just Braxton Hicks again, but they felt a lot stronger. I did end up ringing the hospital and the midwife told me to come in if the pain increases or I start to leak fluid. Neither happened so I didn't end up going there, but the pains lasted for a total of 10 hours!!!
Hi girls. Thanks for the chat - I knew that braxon hicks happen at this point... but I think the 5 minutely ones in the night freaked me out a bit and has me on edge now!
Things settled right down after a bath and a lie down, havnt had any since so I might need to chill out and calm down a bit. Hubby has asked his work to be kept in town now so that makes me feel a bit better too.

My last pregnancy I swear my BH felt like labour starting from 25 weeksish. Still needed my s&s to bring things on like other two at 41 weeks. Hope bubs stays in for longer. Lots of relaxing baths eh.....
Sign in to follow this topic