Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Triplets Lock Rss

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site as I have just been advised I am almost 8 weeks pregnant with Monochorionic Twins (sharing placenta) and one singleton baby. I have been told that this is an extremely complicated situation and therefore, am joining this forum in an attempt to gain some understanding from others. I have googled everything there is to do with this and have ready about the Twin to Twin Transfusion, but my odds must be higher then what I am reading, right?

I have a 3 year old girl at home and yes I never expected my second pregnancy would have three babies but I don't want to lose any. My husband and I will figure out 4 children later. Right now we are anxious and concerned for their future.

If anyone has any experience or knowledge of this your comments would be appreciated.

As I work full time I am unable to go one here during the day but will endeavor to check every night.

Thank you.
Congratulations on your pregnancy. I'm expecting triplets in July (well they'll be born sooner) I also have 3 sons under 5. Sorry but I cant answer your questions about the mono twins as my 3 each have a different sac. I suggest you sign up to the Multiple Births Australia and they will be able to help answer alot of questions. You'll obviously be assigned to a high risk doc if you are public, or if private try and get one that has some knowledge. Take it easy as you can, I suggest taking vitamins. If you want also I was suggested calcium tablets as I really dont drink much milk.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I'm expecting triplets in July (well they'll be born sooner) I also have 3 sons under 5. Sorry but I cant answer your questions about the mono twins as my 3 each have a different sac. I suggest you sign up to the Multiple Births Australia and they will be able to help answer alot of questions. You'll obviously be assigned to a high risk doc if you are public, or if private try and get one that has some knowledge. Take it easy as you can, I suggest taking vitamins. If you want also I was suggested calcium tablets as I really dont drink much milk.
Congratulations on your pregnancy also!

Thank you for the info - I am taking vitamins and have gone private. I am under the care of a very good obstetrician however he said it is really up to nature over the next 4 weeks or so. Fingers, toes, legs and arms crossed.

I will look at the Multiple Births Australia site - thank you!

WOW you will have 6 kids under 5 - well done to you.

Thanks again smile

Congratulations on your pregnancy also!

Thank you for the info - I am taking vitamins and have gone private. I am under the care of a very good obstetrician however he said it is really up to nature over the next 4 weeks or so. Fingers, toes, legs and arms crossed.

I will look at the Multiple Births Australia site - thank you!

WOW you will have 6 kids under 5 - well done to you.

Thanks again smile

It's still very daughting. But we are taking it week by week. I am on fortnightly appt's. I will also be on fortnightly scans after my morphology scan. I have everything crossed that your little babes stay put. I was expecting to have lost 1 at my 12 week scan but they were all there. How have you been feeling? Hope the morning sickness hasnt knocked you around too much.

It's still very daughting. But we are taking it week by week. I am on fortnightly appt's. I will also be on fortnightly scans after my morphology scan. I have everything crossed that your little babes stay put. I was expecting to have lost 1 at my 12 week scan but they were all there. How have you been feeling? Hope the morning sickness hasnt knocked you around too much.
I am sure it is. It is really nice to know that your pregnancy is going well and obviously to plan. I think once I have my 12 week scan and know that they are all still there and well my anxiety will ease.

I have not been physically sick because I really try not to be but I am very nauseous all the time. I am very tired and I have a belly already! I am struggling to hide my pregnancy at work because not only the weight gain but I have a very stressful job and i am finding it harder and harder to deal with. But, because no one knows I am pretending everything is fine!

I am not sure how long I will be able to work till though.

How do you feel?
Hi hun,

Congrats on being pregnant with Triplets! grin I had a dream I was pregnant with triplets, you are very brave!

I was pregnant last year, and we found out they were Mono twins when it was too late. They made it to 8 weeks but then passed away, sorry to put a dampening on the thread but that doesn't mean it will happen to you.
I really hope your little ones make it, it'd be great to hear about some that did.

Make sure with all that stress that you don't over do it, if you could take time off maybe that would be good? Your body needs all the help it can get atm.

Hi hun,

Congrats on being pregnant with Triplets! grin I had a dream I was pregnant with triplets, you are very brave!

I was pregnant last year, and we found out they were Mono twins when it was too late. They made it to 8 weeks but then passed away, sorry to put a dampening on the thread but that doesn't mean it will happen to you.
I really hope your little ones make it, it'd be great to hear about some that did.

Make sure with all that stress that you don't over do it, if you could take time off maybe that would be good? Your body needs all the help it can get atm.
I am so sorry to hear of your loss and I thank you for your kind wishes.

I know that it is a high chance they may not make it but I am hoping with everything in me that they do. I would love to take time off work however I just don't have the flexibility at the moment. In saying that I feel if I make it to 12 weeks I will go on maternity leave early and be at home for the majority of the pregnancy.

Thank you again and I wish you all the best and hope all your dreams come true.

xx
Booitsme - So sorry for your loss. Wishing you all the best for this pregnancy!!!

KWhiteley - I am doing pretty good, I get tired real easily but thats to be expected. I've had an uneventful pregnancy so far, which is what i'm liking!! I agree with PP definatly take the time off if you can. You'll need to not put too much strain on your body in the uncoming weeks. Wishing you all the best with this pregnancy!!!

Booitsme - So sorry for your loss. Wishing you all the best for this pregnancy!!!

KWhiteley - I am doing pretty good, I get tired real easily but thats to be expected. I've had an uneventful pregnancy so far, which is what i'm liking!! I agree with PP definatly take the time off if you can. You'll need to not put too much strain on your body in the uncoming weeks. Wishing you all the best with this pregnancy!!!
Sign in to follow this topic