Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Hypnobirthing Lock Rss

Hi Ladies,

I am looking into Hypnobirthing for the birth of our first bub in September. Just wondering if anybody out there has used this method and if you would be willing to share your stories/experiences...
My gf did it with her first I think. She is also starting a course next week to learn how to teach it. I'm seeing her tomorrow - will find out what I can for you.

I read up on a couple of courses to attend and thought it was a great idea. Think I might do it for my 3rd.

Hi!

I used Hypnobabies for the birth of my first baby and I'm going to use it again. I loved it so much! I had the most wonderful birth experience ever. I did a ton of research on many methods used for natural childbirth and Hypnobabies was the one the seemed right for me. Here is why I decided to use them: They offer a complete childbirth education course which allows the mom to be very informed about all pregnancy and childbirth related topics and empowers them to make educated decisions about the birth of their baby. The thing I loved most about Hypnobabies, which is unique to their program, they give you the skills to use what they call Eyes Open Childbirth Hypnosis which allows you to walk and talk and move around while still deep in hypnosis. I owe the amazing experience I had to Hypnobabies. I know it is best to take a live class if there is one near you and you can find an instructor on the Hypnobabies website. If you can't find an instructor near you there is a Hypnobabies home study course that is available for purchase that is a really great alternative to a live class. Best of luck!
I have not tried the Hypnobirthing method, but I took a Hypnobabies class for the birth of my son. They're VERY different!!!! I had no idea they were two different things until after the birth of my son and I checked out the Hypnobirthing book from the library. I was really confused because although the book was a good book on childbirth, all of the cool stuff I had just learned in class was missing. I was wanting to share the information with some friends and thought they could just check out the book, but it wasn't the same thing at all. Just be aware that the two methods are trademarked and both very different. I had a very comfortable birth experience with Hypnobabies. I really didn't feel any discomfort AT ALL until I was ready to push. I had a 33 hour birthing time, and was able to get all the rest I needed and I had so much information about my birthing choices that I was able to ask for exactly what I wanted when I wanted it at the hospital. Best decision I ever made.

Hi Ladies,

I am looking into Hypnobirthing for the birth of our first bub in September. Just wondering if anybody out there has used this method and if you would be willing to share your stories/experiences...

Hi,
I used Hypnobirthing for my first child and was so blown away with the result that I chose to become a practitioner and now teach couples in Melbourne. I am currently pregnant with my second and anticipate the same calm drug free and pain free birth. I am also an emergency nurse, so when I started researching these methods it was really important to find something that worked hand in hand with the medical model not against it. That's what I loved about hypnobirthing it has a very practical clear medical base and made perfect sense with my medical training. It was also important for me to find the right practitioner. You need to have a good rapport with you teacher and have a high level of trust. When you find a practitioner near you, perhaps have a list of questions to ask them about what you might expect and any fears you may have. Also there are some great videos on YouTube (and some really bad ones unfortunately) but its easy to tell the difference. Hypnobirthing gave me such a great start as a new mum it's definitely worth looking into.
Olivia Koster. Hypnomamma.

Hi,
I used Hypnobirthing for my first child and was so blown away with the result that I chose to become a practitioner and now teach couples in Melbourne. I am currently pregnant with my second and anticipate the same calm drug free and pain free birth. I am also an emergency nurse, so when I started researching these methods it was really important to find something that worked hand in hand with the medical model not against it. That's what I loved about hypnobirthing it has a very practical clear medical base and made perfect sense with my medical training. It was also important for me to find the right practitioner. You need to have a good rapport with you teacher and have a high level of trust. When you find a practitioner near you, perhaps have a list of questions to ask them about what you might expect and any fears you may have. Also there are some great videos on YouTube (and some really bad ones unfortunately) but its easy to tell the difference. Hypnobirthing gave me such a great start as a new mum it's definitely worth looking into.
Olivia Koster. Hypnomamma.

Hi Olivia Hynomamma,

Thank you for your story and information. Unfortunately I live on an Island and we are very isolated so there is nobody over here that does hypnobirthing classes etc. I have ordered a book which I have just started reading, which a midwife friend of mine told me about. Is it possible to deliver using hypnobirthing having just read the book and having your own relaxation music (I have relaxation music that I use for yoga)??
I live down in Tassie and there are no practitioners down here either (well I'm not sure now, but there weren't a couple of years ago). I read the book and while I wasn't able to do some of the techniques completely, I used some of it to help me through the birth of my DD.

It was still a very painful experience so I don't believe it takes the pain away as some people say, but I didn't use drugs at all, had a quick labour (21/2 hours)and didn't tear at all, only a very mild graze. I think my relaxed state helped a lot. And that was just through reading the book and practicing some of the techniques before my labour.

Hi smile

Just wondering if anyone knows if hypnobirthing is the same as Calmbirth?

I'm curious to now what technique's are given for the transition phase of labour

Only asking cause for me that part is we're all modesty and sanity went out the door
And the pain over took no matter how much I tried to stay calm it just didn't happen
It's really a combination of breathing and relaxation techniques as well as self-hypnosis through visualisation etc. It sounds a bit airy fairy at first, but it really helps eliminate the panic, or it did for me anyway.

I did the hypnobirthing course with my son and definately found it really useful in eliminating my fears associated with birth.

I wasn't able to achieve the pain-free labour that some women seem to be able to achieve but I did manage a drug-free labour despite my son being both posteria and a compound presentation and I even had midwives who weren't present at my birth telling me that they had heard how well I had done so I guess it helped.

My son ended up being a forceps delivery after 3 hours of second stage, he just wasn't coming out naturally and it took the Dr a couple of attempts to deliver him with the forceps.

This time around I have been attending yoga in pregnancy classes with a doula which also focuses on the meditation and breathing aspects of hypnobirthing but also incorporates some active birthing tips and techniques. Because of my prior experience this time I plan to combine what I learnt in hypnobirthing with some more active birthing techniques. I think maybe if I had thought more about positioning last time, like squatting or kneeling I may have had more success in delivering my son naturally.

Good luck, I hope you find it helpful, I know I certainly did!

I live down in Tassie and there are no practitioners down here either (well I'm not sure now, but there weren't a couple of years ago). I read the book and while I wasn't able to do some of the techniques completely, I used some of it to help me through the birth of my DD.

It was still a very painful experience so I don't believe it takes the pain away as some people say, but I didn't use drugs at all, had a quick labour (21/2 hours)and didn't tear at all, only a very mild graze. I think my relaxed state helped a lot. And that was just through reading the book and practicing some of the techniques before my labour.

I did my course 3 years ago with a practitioner in Ulverstone, her name was Kim (I can't remember her surname and I gave her card to another girl in my yoga class), that said I didn't get the pain-free thing either.

Sign in to follow this topic