Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Traveling overseas while pregnant

Traveling overseas while pregnant Lock Rss

Going overseas when I'm 26 weeks & will return when I'm 31 weeks. Anyone traveled during these times while pregnant? Any advice??? we haven't booked tickets yet but most likely to go. A part of me says go I'm so in need of a holiday while the other part is saying stay here & get organized before bubs comes.. What would u do it u were in my situation?

Fofo

Going overseas when I'm 26 weeks & will return when I'm 31 weeks. Anyone traveled during these times while pregnant? Any advice??? we haven't booked tickets yet but most likely to go. A part of me says go I'm so in need of a holiday while the other part is saying stay here & get organized before bubs comes.. What would u do it u were in my situation?

Hi, I travelled France-Australia when I was 13 and 17 weeks. The only difference I noticed was a super sore back on the plane. And I fly a lot! It was quite bad at the stopover (had trouble walking without bad pain) and didn't want to get on the next plane. Aeroplane seats are already bad enough, but coupled with pregnancy it's not fun. Maybe if you move around a bit, then it wont be so bad. Definitely get an aisle seat so you can get up and down easily. I think that it depends on how FAR you travel. I also had really swollen ankles when I arrived back in France (at 17 weeks) and my feet really hurt walking for a couple of days, but after that it was fine.
I am going to Canada (west coast from France) at 26 weeks.
Be aware that some airlines want a letter from your doctor if you fly in the 7th month of pregnancy (plan in advance so you don't get stuck at your destination! smile.

enjoy your travels!

RIP Muffin. 25/06/95 - > 09/05/14

ps, I'd go,you need time to yourself before bubs, and with a baby travel is not as easy.

RIP Muffin. 25/06/95 - > 09/05/14

Ive travelled during both pregnancies, and my main advice would be to dont plan too much, so you can take things easy/slower if youre tired

I traveled overseas when I was 18-19 weeks and everything was fine. We were a bit worried, but doc said all is fine and we came back to the 20 week scan which was reassuring. Got VIP treatment on the plane too. Had sore legs for a day afterwards thats all. Enjoy your travels smile
I went overseas from weeks 18 - 20 and it was wonderful because I knew this would be my last chance to travel for awhile! The flight was really uncomfortable and at that stage of pregnancy you should get some flight stockings from the chemist and make sure you get up and walk around a bit on the flight to prevent DVT's. Other than that, my only advice is to plan your holiday so that it isn't too full on. When we went, we made sure that every few days we'd have a quiet day so I could rest if I needed to. Have fun!

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

Thanks for all ur replies I went and spoke to my gp today and advised me about risks of blood clots during the flight overseas I will be in the plane for about 20 hours also she told me to be very cautious about what I drink & eat while o/s . Will ask my midwifes to go more into details tomorrow . When I get back I will be 31 weeks so will get things ready for bubs when I get back smile

Fofo

Hi there

I am pregnant with my third child at the moment and have travelled during both of my previous pregnancies at 20 weeks to Thailand and 28 weeks to Paris.

This time i will be travelling to Vietnam and Hong Kong between 27-29 weeks and have just had a drama trying to get travel insurance. Most insurers won't cover you past 24-26 weeks dependant on the organisation. However have just come across 1 company who will cover up until the end of the 30th week.

This is something else you may want to keep in mind when planning your trip.

I was travelling just interstate and my doc said not to travel after 32 weeks. I questioned this as most say 36 weeks and he said do you want to risk it? So I'd say you're fine smile

Hi, I travelled Europe - Australia when I was 8 weeks pregnant and with my second baby when I was 20 and 36 weeks. All flights were O.K. I got very helpful informations about Airlines, insurance for pregnant, medical form at http://pregnantplan.com/
Sign in to follow this topic