Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

waiting and waiting Lock Rss

Well this is my first pregnancy and im now 40 weeks and 2 days. I seriously thought i would of had bub before her due date. She has been 2/5ths engaged for the last 3 weeks and now today at the drs she has snuck out a little and is 3/5ths. My dr said that if nothing has happened by sunday to go to the hospital and ask to be monitered. Was wondering how many ladies were overdue, how long over due and when did dr finally offer for you to be induced?
I was 40wks + 5days with DS1 and went into labour naturally.

I am now 37weeks with Baby#2 but am not in a hurry just yet. Although I am sure by the time the 40 week mark rocks around I will be well and truly over it.

A friend of ours suggested Pinapple Juice, Sex, nipple stimulation and walking to speed things up although I never got the chance to try these our because the night they suggested it was the night I started having contractions and DS1 arrived the next day/night.

Good luck with it all. Try to relax and let nature takes its course.

You are in for one hell of a ride but it is sooooo worth it.
I was 40 + 3. Most hospitals and doctors won't induce until 40 + 10 days unless there is a good reason to, like high blood pressure, evidence of fetal distress etc. As much as the last few days of pregnancy are really hard, it is generally much better to go into labor naturally - induction is apparently much more intense and has a higher rate of failure and/or intervention than if your body does it all by itself.

My midwife told me at 39 weeks to try and enjoy the small things, like going to the shops, out for lunch, to the movies etc without having to lug the baby around - I nearly cried and thought "you don't know how hard this is!" (she had 3 kids, so in fact she did know) and after DD was born I understood what she was saying!

I started doing labor inducing acupuncture and pressure points and I believe it helped my labor start. I went to see the Hangover II the night before DD was born, I reckon I laughed her out smile

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

I was due to be induced at 14 days overdue, but on the day apparently too many ladies were in labour naturally they didnt want to induce me so i had to stay at the hospital and wait for the next day to be induced, at 5.15pm (14 days overdue) i went into labour naturally and had him 4 hours later.

With DD i went into labour on her due date (expecting to go way over again) so it was a nice surprise espicially since labour was only 21 minutes long.

My midwife said that she believes labour is brought on by the full moon (which is on the 7th) as she finds the day before, the day of, and the day after the full moon, alot of babies are born while the rest of the month there isnt so many. So good luck i hope you go soon smile

By the way my son was born 09.04.09 (3 days before easter) *full moon*
My daughter was bon 11.11.11 *full moon*

I was 40+5 (I think) and went into labour naturally a couple hours before leaving to get induced!! Just hang it there darl, Try and enjoy the last few moments of your pregancy. Goodluck with it all!
with my 1st bub i went into labour naturally at 40+4 & the next 2 were a few days early & the last was on her due date

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://b1.lilypie.com

Thanks for all ur stories ladies i love reading other ladies experiences. Im now 40 + 4. My dr said on thursday if nothing has happened by sunday to call the hospital and be asked to be put on a ctg machine. Im hoping with it being a full moon bub will cone and be our little easter baby smile. I have loved every moment of my pregnancy besides the sickness at the start but she is worth it all. Defently goibg to miss all her movements but going to love having her here alot more smile))
Thanks for all ur stories ladies i love reading other ladies experiences. Im now 40 + 4. My dr said on thursday if nothing has happened by sunday to call the hospital and be asked to be put on a ctg machine. Im hoping with it being a full moon bub will cone and be our little easter baby smile. I have loved every moment of my pregnancy besides the sickness at the start but she is worth it all. Defently goibg to miss all her movements but going to love having her here alot more smile))
My first bub was born 40+6 after a stretch and sweep. today i am 40+6 with bub#2 and have had 4 stretch and sweeps in the last 8 days and nothing yet! still waiting...
did you have an easter baby after all? that was a full moon. I am hoping a new moon does it for me- which is tomorrow.
Sign in to follow this topic