Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Prenancy acne Lock Rss

I know its probably been done in another thread (havent looked yet, truthfully) but i thought someone might have some fresh great ideas. I am 8 to 9 weeks preg with terrble skin around my cheeks - blackheads and small bumps everywhere that are raised and cant be covered well with make up and they are 3d raised bumps.

My midwife yesterday gave me a list of ingredients to avoid in make up etc and it turns out my clearsil has these in it (it wasnt really working well anyway). Any suggestions guys?? It really makes me feel terrible and embarrassed, I know its because something great is happening to me but i feel like a teenager again!

Anyone have any fab suggestions?? Thanks.
My skin has been getting bad with this pregnancy too. I use st ives apricot scrub then dab some tea tree oil on my bumps and then a simple oil free moisturiser. I've been doing this twice a day rather than just my normal once a day and its definitely making a difference!

Do you mind sharing the ingredients to avoid?
my skin never got bad in pregnency but i'm guessing you feel like a teenager. I do get outbreaks every now and then and i use dettol cream on them. works great. If you feel your skin is producing too much oil try soaperderm or any anti-bacterial soap it will soak up all oil and make sure bacteria doesnt linger too long.

I know its probably been done in another thread (havent looked yet, truthfully) but i thought someone might have some fresh great ideas. I am 8 to 9 weeks preg with terrble skin around my cheeks - blackheads and small bumps everywhere that are raised and cant be covered well with make up and they are 3d raised bumps.

My midwife yesterday gave me a list of ingredients to avoid in make up etc and it turns out my clearsil has these in it (it wasnt really working well anyway). Any suggestions guys?? It really makes me feel terrible and embarrassed, I know its because something great is happening to me but i feel like a teenager again!

I've only just recovered my skin after my pregnanacy with DS sad Was horrible to have acne as an adult when I didnt even have it as a teen. I tried so many things and spent WAY too much money trying expensive beauty treatments. In the end the only thing that worked was using a very mild chemist cleanser called Cetaphil, Use Witch Hazel as a toner and mix tea tree oil in with my cetaphil moisturiser. I now wash my face 2 x a day and NEVER leave makeup on for longer than I need to. Also, mineral makeup may seem like a good idea but it made my skin much much worse! Apparently some people react to an ingredient in it. I use a good brand liquid makeup thats light and I wash it off thoroughly as soon as I get home from work. My skin is basically pimple free now, just a few scars i'm trying to fade.

Good luck and I hope it clears up quickly for you. I know how horrible it is and how much it can destroy your confidence.

T xo

biore make a face wash with eucalyptus in it "blemish fighting ice cleanser" (found at chemist warehouse), im in my 30s and i have the worst breakouts during pregnancy and i found this and have used it since. I also use the st ives apricot scrub as i have dry build up as well.

I use olay moisturiser afterwards, i find they are nice and light, especially the age defying series renewal cream, has no SPF to dry out the skin.

My DP also swears by the face wash, im not allowed to buy anything else, hes around concrete and dust all day and its even cleared up his skin.
Thanks guys! Im going to prob try all your suggestions! Trouble is Im soooo anxious to clear my skin that i see myself buying too many things and chopping and changing too much to give anything a real chance to work.

The ingredients to avoid (i dont understand what these mean I only know to look on the back of your items) are:

Benzoyl peroxide (i know thats in proactiv, clean and clear and a few others)
Accutane
Azelaic Acid
Tetracycline
Tretinoin, Isotretinoin, Adaphalene (called retinoids)
Salicylic Acid (this is in my clearasil wash).
I have always had bad acne but it got so much worse during pregnancy. After speaking to my dermatologist and obstetrician I was given benzac cream to put on my spots. It contains benzoyl peroxide and I used it all through my pregnancy and bubs is absolutely fine. There have been lots of studies done and benzoyl peroxide is fine as a wash or cream as barely any is absorbed.
A lot of people still use proactiv, clean and clear and clearasil during pregnancy. The ones to avoid are accutane, retinoids and azelaic acid.

Clearasil makes skin worse!
I have found using more natural products on my skin has been a blessing I use moogoo and my skin has always been lovely on it! I tried my clinque moisturiser again recently and broke out, I tried it cos I ran out of moogoo....best to stick to my moogoo moisturiser tongue. but organic products dont irritate as they dont have all the nasty chemicals that seem to upset my skin.

Thanks guys! Im going to prob try all your suggestions! Trouble is Im soooo anxious to clear my skin that i see myself buying too many things and chopping and changing too much to give anything a real chance to work.

The ingredients to avoid (i dont understand what these mean I only know to look on the back of your items) are:

Benzoyl peroxide (i know thats in proactiv, clean and clear and a few others)
Accutane
Azelaic Acid
Tetracycline
Tretinoin, Isotretinoin, Adaphalene (called retinoids)
Salicylic Acid (this is in my clearasil wash).

Thanks for that, don't know about the others but benzoyl peroxide has always done great things for my skin. Can be a little drying but really clears up the zits. Did your mw say to avoid said ingredients because they are harmful to bubs or because they play havoc with preggo skin?
No probs blee27! Im not really sure if it is to prevent harm to baby or in it affects your skin - she just gave my a pamphlet on foods to avoid, essential oils and the skincare list.So i presumed it could be harmful. Last year I was using proactive when i became pregnant (m/c tho), I was using proactiv at the time and when i rang up the lady asked me to send my bottles back (half used ) for a full refund as it is not advised to continue use during pregnancy. I liked it and if my skin is still crazy after the bub i will probably go on it again (i hope its clear tho!)

I just got back from chemist and coles. I asked the chemist and he advised cetaphil as its really mild. The st ives apricot scrub contains Salicylic acid so he advised to maybe not try that one sadly.He agreed with the m/w list and said its better to be safe than wonder. He advised dont use benzac or any B. peroxide cream (i guess everyone has diff opinions tho) . He didnt stock the Biore range (neither did coles) so I might hunt for that at a bigger shop and i forgot to ask about tea tree oil or witch hazel!

I might jump onto the moogoo site as i have heard that that brand is great before so I might use the cetaphil until i have something ordered or can find the biore one! Thanks guys!
Sign in to follow this topic