Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Good pregnancy=tough birth or tough pregnancy=good birth

Good pregnancy=tough birth or tough pregnancy=good birth Lock Rss

Would be interested in knowing why my mum stopped at two, she had good pregnancies but she claims labour was difficult.
What happened with you good pregnancy, no morning sickness etc. tough pregnancy morning sickness etc how was your birth?

http://gustopaleo.com/

Oh and what made you stop at ? Children

DS was a dream pregnancy - had no ms, just cravings, couldn't have asked for a better pregnancy - labour was great, 4 hours, and i thought it was easier then everyone made out to be.

DD was a nightmare pregnancy - extreme ms the whole way through, slipped a disc, pinched sciatica (sp?) nerve, dissiness, bad bh ect, nothing about it was like DS's - labour was ok, 21mins, the pain was worse but otherwise the same as DS's.

the only reason DD's labour was worse because DS's was all in the front (like period pains) and DD's was in the back (like me tailbone was about to break).

I dont think it makes a difference smile

My pregnancy was text book, had all the normal stuff, ms, tiredness and then headaches during the second trimester. Labour was also pretty text book. 7hours, no complications that I know of. Although I did need stitches.
Must say I was lucky cause both pregnancy and labour could have been worse.
Also I have only had the one but hubby and I are going to try for number two next year and then that'll be it.
With my first i had bad morning sickness till i was about 16 and a half weeks and i had a bad birth with him. Was in labour for 38 hours then extra 90 minutes of pushing then end up by having a c-section.

Then my second i had morning sickness till about 28 weeks and i had him by c-section. But he was an easy pregancy i had iron level problems but nothing i had to worry about.

We ttc soon for baby no 3.

My mum said she had ok pregnancy, she lost her first 2 babies then had my brother 2 months early and he pregnancy was better than the first 2 and with me she had me 2 weeks early but said she had bad heartburn due to craving yoghurt all the time.

This is my 5th Pregnancy
DS 1 is 14yrs now his Pregnancy was great
Miscarrage at 16 wks in july 2000
DS 2 is 16 months born 3 wks early had GD
Miscarrage 11 wks in November 2011
5 the Pregnancy now bubby 14 wks +1 day.got GD again need insulin this time

All my Pregnancy are high risk bicornate uterus
Need c sections
Had two emergency c sections so far.
Gave birth / delivered last three by myself no support

If this bubby born full term & healthy certainly my last.

Raising a teenager & toddler & bubby ( when born on my own ) is plenty

Blessed to a mumma.
DS1 - Morning sickness from start to finish, couldn't keep anything down, lost a lot of weight. The birth was horrendous too, tore from inside all the way out. He was distressed, and did that poop while he was still in me thing (can't remember what you call that lol). I spent longer being stitched up than I did actually being in labour. 2 hour labour 7lb 4oz. The recovery from that birth took more than a year, and by then I had become so psychologically damaged. It took 4 years and being with a different partner before I could consider doing it again!

DS2 - The morning sickness was the same as DS1. The birth was better, though he did get stuck. Like really stuck. I felt like a cow lol, the midwife was round the back pulling and pulling and he just wouldn't get the hell out huh it felt like forever. 2.5 hour labour, 9lb 6oz.
I can't come at the idea of doing it again yet, and maybe never will...
T

This is my 5th Pregnancy
DS 1 is 14yrs now his Pregnancy was great
Miscarrage at 16 wks in july 2000
DS 2 is 16 months born 3 wks early had GD
Miscarrage 11 wks in November 2011
5 the Pregnancy now bubby 14 wks +1 day.got GD again need insulin this time

All my Pregnancy are high risk bicornate uterus
Need c sections
Had two emergency c sections so far.
Gave birth / delivered last three by myself no support

If this bubby born full term & healthy certainly my last.getting tubes done straight after c section if Dr allow me

Raising a teenager & toddler & bubby ( when born due October )
Blessed to a mumma.
38 in October getting to old & to many complaintions to have any more.
Three lovely children on my own is plenty.

Sorry this was posted twice
I had a rough pregnancy (lost heaps of weight first trimester from morning sickness, loved the second trimester, then was really sick and miserable in the third trimester with awful gallstone pain and struggled to manage gestational diabetes) and a hard labour (baby's heart rate went right down at a couple of stages and in the end he needed to be suctioned out on the last push, turned out he had a true knot in his cord and the cord wrapped around his neck. Also, I had an epidural which only worked down half my body and it took 2 hours to get it 'working', which meant when it was time to push I was unable to move my legs or feel anything from just below my breasts down and couldn't walk unaided until about 18 hours after the birth. I also had an episiotomy. Oh, and bleeding. So with that they filled with drugs that left me feeling really sick and out of it for hours - but stopped the bleeding, so I can't really complain - I don't really remember much of the labour or the first day of my bub's life).

So... no correlation between ease of pregnancy and ease of labour, except that it was all pretty hard!
I would say both my first pregnancy and birth were average on a scale of good to bad.

I had the normal morning sickness, heartburn and fatigue, although I did suffer in the third trimester from SPD.

My birth was induced, so not ideal in mobility for pain management but it was only 7 hours, with 25 minutes of pushing. I had an epidural, so obviously once that was administered the pain aspect was mostly relieved. I tore quite badly and the OB spent around an hour sewing me up, which was probably the most traumatising part of the whole labour and delivery as my epi had worn off and the local didn't work.

This pregnancy has been harder definitely. Up until about week 15 I had hyperemesis and then from then up until week 23 was pretty good, although I have been again diagnosed with SPD. I've had high blood pressure and now have the flu so for me I feel terrible now, hopefully once this flu goes away it will improve.

As for the birth part, we will have to wait 14 weeks give or take for that one smile
To be honest I had it pretty lucky compared to some others

DD1 I felt "yucky" until about 11 weeks and then after that pretty damn awesome for the rest of pregnancy. I worked to 37 weeks. The birth was a little drawn out with labour on and off for two days and finally on the third day (her due date) things actually progressed and she was born at 9.22pm that day. I would say the worst pain of that was about 2 hours while and once got fully dilated only pushed for 20 mins.

DD2 pregancy was similar, though I was actually sick a couple of time and then at 14 weeks and then again at 16 weeks I got two gastro bugs which was the worst thing ever! After that all went well and I worked to 39 weeks (I'm a teacher so on my feet most of the time so that was pretty good going) and then DD2 was born 5 days later after about 2 hours of real labour and 10 mins pushing. This was by far the better birth experience as I labour at home and once got to the hospital she was born 20 mins later.

Though I never really enjoyed being pregnant (the whole worry about what you eat and if baby is ok etc.) I would do it again in a heartbeat. But alas for us between DD1 and DD2 I had an ectopic that took one of my tubes and then again after DD2 another one that took my last tube. So that is it for us, unless some how we could come up with the money for IVF. Anyone got a spare 10K???? lol
Sign in to follow this topic