Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Subchorionic haematoma Rss

Hi, was just wondering if there are other mums who have been through a pregnancy with a subchorionic haematoma. I was diagnosed with one a couple of weeks ago and after having already lost two other pregnancies was looking for a bit of hope. Currently I am just focusing on getting through each day and not allowing myself to think of the future.

HI yes i had one with my last pregnancy and everything turned out fine. I did have slight bleeds up until about 18 weeks then it stopped. At my 20 week scan it had healed itself. It is worrying but stay positive, good luck and i hope everything is ok for you.
Did it have any impact on your birth? Sorry weird question, its just that I heard that it can mean you need a caesarean and I so badly wanted to have a natural birth.

I am currently pregnant with #5 and I had one with #2 and this pregnancy. The first one was so large that they were 80% sure I would lose her. I bled heavily right until 15wks pregnant when it started to taper off around 18wks. This one was diagnosed at 6wks but I never bled at all and it resolved itself by 12wks.

I never had any issue with delivery of my daughter at all. Everything went well, although my placenta looked a little worse for wear, it still did it's job well. She was born perfect and healthy. I had all natural births.

Kath

Miss 9, Miss 7, Master 6, Miss 3 and Baby Boy Due 18 August 2012

Thanks KM+5,
that does make me feel better. They told me the same thing about the possibility of losing this one. Just enjoying each day that i am still pregnant as a little celebration.
Good luck with your pregnancy!

Oh you're welcome grin

Between #1 and #2 (my bub with the first haemotoma) I lost 4 babies. It was such a stressful pregnancy and I never felt I could 'enjoy' being pregnant until around 35wks. Everyday was a battle to get through, wondering what was going to happen next.

All the luck in the world to you sweetie. xx

Oh you're welcome grin

Between #1 and #2 (my bub with the first haemotoma) I lost 4 babies. It was such a stressful pregnancy and I never felt I could 'enjoy' being pregnant until around 35wks. Everyday was a battle to get through, wondering what was going to happen next.

All the luck in the world to you sweetie. xx

I also had one at 6 weeks with both dd1 and dd2. I started bleeding and went to emergency. With dd2 I was especially worried as she was conceived with ivf and I had a m/c a couple of months earlier. Lucky for me both times it resolved by 12 weeks and had no further problems. DD2 was an elective c-section due to other health problems.

Thanks girls!
Am feeling better each day. The morning sickness this time around is just awful but it gives me hope because I didnt feel sick like this with the babies I lost. Its nice to hear some positive stories from others who have been through the same thing.
xx

I had no problems with labour and had a VBirth.
I was diagnosed with one at 8 weeks pregnant with my DS. I'd had spotting for a week and a half then started full on bleeding like af at 8 weeks. The scan they did then was where they found the haemotoma. I went on to have full af type bleed until just after 12 weeks when it stopped. Aside from the bleeding it was a fairly normal pregnancy and I went into labour naturally at 38 weeks 5 days without any problems.

Hopefully you have a wonderfully positive outcome too.

Leisa.
I had one too. Was very scary at the time I was sure I was having a m/c but the u/s showed dd was fine. The bleeding continued from about 11-14 weeks on an off and it was apparently quite a large hemorrhage but it had dissolved by the 20 week scan and the rest of my pregnancy was quite smooth and birth was unaffected. I wAs told it would be high risk but once they didn't see it on the scan anymore I was treated like any other pregnancy. All the best with the rest of your pregnancy
Sign in to follow this topic