Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. can i be showing already.......?

can i be showing already.......? Rss

hi guys im 6weeks pregnant with my second i started showing with my first bub at 11weeks but i feel like im starting to show already and im only 6weeks! i know you can start showing early with your second but have other mummy started showing this early....?
Your baby is the size of a grain of rice at the moment so you aren't really 'showing'. But muscle memory is an amazing thing and your body remembers what it needs to do. So your ligaments start to stretch earlier, you start holding onto fluid earlier etc the more babies you have. I had a distinctly pregnant look about me at 9 weeks last time around.

I'm pregnant with my first and by 9 weeks my belly was really hard and starting to pop out! It could happen probably depends on how much your uterus has started stretching already!
Is there more than one in there tongue
I found I got a bit boated so my tummy stuck out a bit from that.

I'm 9 weeks with 3rd and I'm showing all ready as well I'm not bloated as doctor has felt my uteus and its higher than it should be at 9 weeks but dating scan and all shows everything to be the corect dates and in place. I guess it comes down to how many you have had.
Depends on the muscle tone after first pregnancy. I had a rather large diastasis (abdo muscle separation) and it never fully repaired, but went back to looking normal. Anyway, I'm not even 6 weeks yet and the hormones that make everything relax and expand have already seperated my abdo muslces a little bit so I look a bit more round than usual. This can make you look like you're showing, but it's not the baby that is making you big, it's either bloating, weight gain or lax muslce tone

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

Axiom wrote:
Skubala wrote:
Depends on the muscle tone after first pregnancy. I had a rather large diastasis (abdo muscle separation) and it never fully repaired, but went back to looking normal. Anyway, I'm not even 6 weeks yet and the hormones that make everything relax and expand have already seperated my abdo muslces a little bit so I look a bit more round than usual. This can make you look like you're showing, but it's not the baby that is making you big, it's either bloating, weight gain or lax muslce tone
I had a 3 finger width diastasis recti, a c-section - and still not showing tongue Even with my first I didn't look "pregnant" till about 6 months - I just looked like I'd put on a bit of weight.

Lucky you! Mine was enormous, the physio could sink her whole fist into it! I had to wear support bands and have ongoing phsyio after the birth and the best it got to was 1.5 cm. It's nearly 3cm already and only just pregnant! Though I don't really look preg yet, just a bit rounder. I'm going to see if I should wear a support band during this pregnancy to try and prevent it getting huge again... though more than likely I'll need an abdominal repair at some point. Phsyio said with my history of joint injuries I probably have naturally very relaxed muscle tone

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

I started showing properly at 16Weeks smile
Have you checked out our Week by Week Pregnancy Guide? There is some helpful information in there which you may find useful.
With bub #3 I looked like I was showing at around 7 weeks and thought ' great, I'm going to get huge!'. But I found by 9 weeks my tummy was flat again as I was just really bloated. I was just looking at photos of my belly, and 2 days before bub was born, I hardly had any tummy, I was probably the size I was when 3 months with the first 2. I was really fit before and during this pregnancy as well so I think that really helped smile
Hi I remember with my first being around 14 weeks b 4 I was showing. This second time round I'm only 41/2 weeks and feel bloated and like im showing. It's crazy. I think it also depends on what the sex of the baby is to!
I was showing already by 6 weeks and this is my first baby - my boss was already asking if I was pregnant because staff members were speculating!! It doesn't help that I have narrow hips, put on weight on my belly before anything else and was severely bloated immediately. The bloating went away after 16 weeks.
Sign in to follow this topic