Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. First child and doing it alone

First child and doing it alone Rss

Unfortunately my partner and i split up and I moved thousands of kilometres away to make a fresh start. Only to find out I was pregnant. He really wanted me to have an abortion and despite knowing it was the best option for both of us, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. We split up on reasonable terms, knowing that our relationship couldn't work. He doesn't understand why I would keep a child under these circumstances and he is hugely disappointed with me for 'ruining both of our lives'. We don't have a future together and neither of us believe we should be stuck in an unhappy relationship because of the baby. So I am going it alone.
This is my first pregnancy and i really have no idea about anything. I am also living in a new town where I don't know anyone.
I'm not really sure why I am writing this, but I find myself reading through everyone elses comments each day and wanted to say how helpful this has been already. This seems like a very supportive environment and reading through other people's circumstances makes me feel stronger about my decison to keep this baby and raise it on my own.
Thanks.

Karen & Blake (8/11/2006)

Hi I am in the same kind of position. I am pregnant and 17 and it looks as though I will be going solo to. The people on this forum are great and I have made so many friends and learnt so much in just a couple of days. I'm sure soewhere on here you will find someone close to you and you will be able to share the experience with them! I take my hat of to you as I know what it is like when peopple are pressuring you to have an aortion but you haave to do what you feel is right in yourself. We are all here to support each other through this special time even when things aren't going so great. Hope you find some help here and some friends!

my 2 beautiful girls meena and hannah

Hi there

I'm also 17 & pregnant although I'm with someone. I just wanna say that as well thats this website & forum is great as I really don't have much of an idea about anything either! Its also great how we dont get judged for being young mums on this site & how everyone is supportive.
Thanks
Hi goingsolo,

I know exactly what you are going through and how you feel. I also split from my partner, when I was a few weeks pregnant. This is my first pregnancy. He also wanted me to have an abortion and I was seriously considering it, but in the end I just couldn't go through with it.

I think I'm around the same age as you as well and this too was one of the deciding factors for me as well. I have great family and friends that are really supportive and have helped me a lot through this.

I'm 26 weeks pregnant at the moment and haven't heard from the father for the about 2 mths! because he doesn't want anything to do with the pregnancy as he feels I've ruined his life and my life and that I'll never be able to find anyone else now.

I do have days when I wonder if I've done the right thing and if I will meet anyone else!!??

What state are you from?

As this is my first pregnancy I also have no idea about baby stuff or what to expect! but so far everything is going well.

Hi me and my partner (now ex) have just separated due to him being unfaithful and i am 36weeks pregnant. He says hes going to be around for me and the baby and that he still cares for us both. I am finding it very hard as this is not how i planned to have my first child. My whole world has just been turned upside down and at the moment he is just able to continue with his life and go out and socilise while i am at home heavily pregnant!!!
Sign in to follow this topic