Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Baking Soda Gender Prediction Test

Baking Soda Gender Prediction Test Lock Rss

I saw somewhere some thing about a baking soda prediction test and thought i would google it to see what it was.

found this article on it
http://blogs.babycenter.com/community_buzz/baki...

think i will give it a go when i actually get pregnant again and when im close to the 20 week scan when i can tell what bubs is so i know if it was right or not. laugh

has anyone ever heard about this or actually done it??
just curious

I believe the most accurate time to do it is around 10 weeks, in this pregnancy I have done it twice, once at 8 weeks and then again at 11 weeks and both times got a boy result but wont find it if its correct until the birth, I also did the cabbage water test and got a boy result too smile

lizyd - whats the cabbage water test?

thanks Little Miss's. sounds exciting. may give it a try one day.

I done the baking soda test and the red cabbage test also. I got a girl result both times. We know have another little girl. I done the tests around the 11-13 week mark.

Interesting.. I've never heard of these 2 tests before and I'm now 14wks, so figured I would give the baking soda test a go just for fun.. it says girl... I guess we'll have to wait another 25 or so weeks to find out though as I'm not finding out at the ultrasound!!

Might try the draino one tomorrow!! hehehe!!

In the past I've used the Chinese Calendar and that has always been wrong for me!!
Ilovemylilbugs wrote:
After reading this I tried it after lunch laugh
It fizzed wasn't a big fizz but a fizz lol so for me it's right as I'm having a boy I have seen my sons twigs and Berries loud and clear on ultrasound too laugh

LOL!!! Twigs?? or Twig and Berries?! That made me think of my son's 3D ultrasound... could see his very loud and clear!!! Good to hear the test worked for u grin
I just did it, i weed in the cup then poored baking soda in it, after 5 seconds it fizzed a little, does that predict a boy? just not sure on the delayed reaction

will have to wait and see how correct it is when you ladies find out what your bubs are.

You girls who don't find out must have so much willpower. I didn't find out with my first, but then found out with the second and third, and I will find out again this time around. I thought about having a surprise last time around but being my third and our fourth child we wanted to be prepared. And come the gender scan I caved and couldn't wait to find out.
benjamins_mummy wrote:
I saw somewhere some thing about a baking soda prediction test and thought i would google it to see what it was.

found this article on it
http://blogs.babycenter.com/community_buzz/baki...

think i will give it a go when i actually get pregnant again and when im close to the 20 week scan when i can tell what bubs is so i know if it was right or not. laugh

has anyone ever heard about this or actually done it??
just curious

I clicked the link that you shared and nothing comes up about the baking soda sad
Kylespeanut - sorry about that.... it was working yesterday. here is the link, it should work now.....

http://blogs.babycenter.com/mom_stories/baking-...

Sign in to follow this topic