Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

How to stay hydrated Lock Rss

I was like that when pregnant with DD1 - even hyrdalyte stuff didn't work. The only thing that seemed to stay down the best, was very diluted apple juice, so you can just taste the flavour, and not taste the flavour of water anymore (water tasted thick like saliva to me), and I had to take it easy when drinking it...no gulping!

Ice is also a good one, but I couldn't handle the taste...but if you can, keep doing that!
Rosie Mumma wrote:
Mt franklin sparkling icy cold?

Ooh, that's a good idea! The slight fizziness might be good.
I was going to suggest ice blocks. I just got a box of really yummy ones. Helped so much!

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Athaye wrote:
The only thing that seemed to stay down the best, was very diluted apple juice, so you can just taste the flavour,

Ice is also a good one, but I couldn't handle the taste...but if you can, keep doing that!

I do similar but I freeze the very diluted apple juice into ice cubes and give this to the kids when they have an upset tummy. Could be worth trying.

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

I let ginger beer go a bit flat and that helped if it was really cold. Little sips and not big gulps helped, as did drinking through a straw for some strange reason. I had heaps of Zooper Doopers when I was pregnant with DD1 and to this day she still loves them. smile

i was like that with water when i was pregnant with DS. only thing i could drink was fruit juice.

I could only drink ice cold water or hot water..nothing in between and i did alot of trial and error to figure that out! I also found that sucking on some homegrown oranges in the morning worked wonders! I did that one day as i was hoping to hurry up the process of throwing up and instead it amost cured me,for a short while of course!

Cordial helped me when I had bad morning sickness and couldn't stand drinking water. And watered down pineapple juice.

you poor thing. I remember being like that last time. Oranges, juice, coconut juice, milk/milo with ice (so weird) and decaf coffee was pretty much what got me through. I remember laying in bed fantasizing about going to hospital to get a drip... in hindsight I probably should have.....lol Also, what about something like thin soups?
I really hope you feel better soon, its a horrible feeling.
xxx
As other ladies have suggested, watermelon helped me a lot... Also, cranberry juice was great, I would dilute it with water, so it wasn't very strong... Wish you luck...
Sign in to follow this topic