Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Sick of being sick! Rss

Seriously missing my immune system and need to have a vent! I'm 34wks pregnant now and i swear this year i have caught every bug in town! Has anyone else had the same problem? I'm so happy to be carrying my second bundle of joy but ever since i got pregnant i've had 2 sinus infections, the flu, a general 'cold' twice.... topped off by gestational diabeties and now i have a chest infection! I love being pregnant but being sick constantly is making me feel so crap.
Awww you poor thing sad

As this is your second I am not sure but really do hope that some more experienced Mothers than i can give you a better indication and share some of their stories with you.

When i was pregnant with DS i was sick a lot too but no where near as bad as this i caught a few bugs and had lots of morning sickness to go along with it, was so yucky!. Toward my due date i got the flu quiet bad, but being my first pregnancy i was told that it was normal to get sick before bubby was born , I found it quite odd to say the least Lol.

Enough about me... I am very excited for you Congratulations! Expecting Boy or Girl? smile

i'm probably just being a sook but i just want feel good again. I have a DD who's almost 4 and we are expecting another little girl : )
When i was preg with DS i got sick with a cold/ flu 5 times before i left work at 32 weeks. It really does suck cause u hardly ever get sick. Since finishing work at 32 weeks i havd only gotten sick once, and that was about a year and 4 months ago. Havent got sick this time around but we hardly go anywhere so thats probably why. With all the ms iv had this time im glad i havent, feel terrible enough as it is.

Doesn't sound like you're having much fun! Inner Health Plus is fantastic for immunity and it also helps with general wellbeing and can help bub too. Schuessler tissue salts are also my saviour, the Ist Stage of Illness ones in particular. I have felt a cold coming on a couple of times this pregnancy and start taking them straight away and so far (touchwood!) I've been fine. Theres also a kids one which has kept both my two little ones to not going past the runny nose stage.

Other than that just make sure you are looking after your body the best you can...rest up, you're in the home stretch now at least smile
Daydreaming wrote:
i'm probably just being a sook but i just want feel good again. I have a DD who's almost 4 and we are expecting another little girl : )

Awwwww how exciting for DD1 grin

I think being sick and pregnant gives us the right to be sooky i mean we carry a baby for 9 months and get all the aches and pains and everything else to go with it, Men have it sooo easy !

Hope you're feeling better soon smile

Its soooo hard being sick when you are pregnant.... not being able to take things like sudafed and strong painkillers means you really have to struggle through it.

I was sick lots first time, although have been super lucky with this pregnancy..... BUT I have had lots of physical issues, causing me a lot of pain.... so I get how you feel, I LOVE being pregnant but I am so over being unable to do anything, especially play with my DS like I usually do.... I get a bit bummed about it. Today he said to me, Mummy I want you to have a little tummy lol.

I hope you catch a break soon, you certainly deserve it.... Do you think we should make a list of these things, so when our babies are grown up we can remind them of just how awesome we are for going through the hard yards hehehe.
Anni_b wrote:

I hope you catch a break soon, you certainly deserve it.... Do you think we should make a list of these things, so when our babies are grown up we can remind them of just how awesome we are for going through the hard yards hehehe.

Thanks, that cheered me up smile I can't wait till bub is a teenager and complaining about something and i can go 'well I was sick for 9mths to make you, so suck it up princess!' lol
Sign in to follow this topic