Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Pain relief options Lock Rss

This is TMI, but I need some ideas.
I discovered I had the runs this morning and a small spot inside my Vagne was sore. It made me feel like I needed to wee even when nothing was coming out. Then I got some lower back pain on my right side. The back pain got worse and so I took a couple of panadol. I have had a wheat bag on it too. It's been just over 2 hours since I had the panadol and the back pain is worse. The pain in my vagina has also spread. It is worse when I stand up.
I tried to call my midwife but she wasn't there, so I called healthline. She told me to get checked out by the doctor as soon as possible. So I have an appointment for 1.50 today.

Any ideas on what I can do to help with the pain until then?

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Could it be a UTI? I am not sure what else to do about the pain except panadol. I hope it's something straight forward and clears up quick.
No advice but gl for your Dr appointment xx

Thanks ladies.

I'm in so much pain right now sad stupid not allowed anything strong. 1.50 can't come around fast enough sad

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

My first thought was uti or kidney infection. You poor thing! I hope you can get it sorted fast .

Your poor thing , ouchy :/
Being a nurse I love dishing out pain relief!!!
Are you pregnant or breastfeeding? Am guesing so that others are saying nothing but panadol?
If you've already had 2 panadol that's good, what else do you have in your cupboard!?
If breastfeeding you can still have voltaren (diclofenac) and a codeine is ok but it will make your baby sleepy
That sounds really painful! My thought would be the same panadol or maybe a warm bath?
Sign in to follow this topic