Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Inserting Canesten Cream whilst early Preg and how too??? Feeling scared

Inserting Canesten Cream whilst early Preg and how too??? Feeling scared Lock Rss

Hi there I'm only about 4 weeks pregnant and this is my first child , I have thrush developing and have talked to my doctor and I have bought the cream. I have been reading that it is ok to take it and the pharmacist told me to only insert it halfway. But I also read that some women do it without the applicator. So how do you insert the cream with out and applicator? I just feel a bit scared considering this is my first. Thanks for your replies when they come up. xxx
i had mild thrush when i first got pregnant too, had a couple of baking soda baths with a drop or two of tea tree, all better now LOL smile
I don't know how to do it without the applicator. It is perfectly safe to use so not necessary to avoid the applicator. Considering most women have sex right up till birth and that is a lot bigger than an applicator there is no need for concern.

I currently have thrush at the moment from antibiotics (Oh the joy!) and I am using the same cream with the applicators. I just insert it half way like my pharmacist told me too and no problems. Its my second infection this pregnancy and I have used it both times smile

I just applied it with my index finger knuckle and had lots of yoghurt. Good luck!
Sign in to follow this topic