Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. excercise tips while pregnant?

excercise tips while pregnant? Lock Rss

There are lots of simple exercises but I have found the best for me is on a cross trainer or exercise bike. I got a cheap cross trainer just before I fell pregnant again and I just do 10-20 minutes here and there while I'm watching tv. Slow swimming also makes me feel great.

As for prep 'down there', unfortunately as far as I am aware if you're lucky and have a good labour you may not tear but nothing can prevent it from happening.
My dr has told me pelvic floor exercises are very important to help with a natural birth.
As for being 'stretched', I haven't experienced this. Our bodies have an amazing way of healing themselves and the affects of birth do not necessarily cause a permanent change down there besides maybe a little scaring. The main effects I found were with my tummy muscles for obvious reasons but that can always be worked on when you're up for it again.

We also have a few articles on our site on Pregnancy Exercise which you may be interested in smile

All the best,
Huggies Moderator
I have not fallen pregnant yet, however in the process I am working on strong core work to strengthen my tummy and core, along with 6kms walking every day off from work i get ( I work 12 hour shifts). I am finding pilates and fitball work outs are really low impact but you can feel the results the next day. I You tube my work outs. Denise Austin has a pregnancy work out on there using small hand weights and body weight. And you can do them in your own home. You can even find smaller target work outs maybe do 10 mins in the morning and 10 mins in the afternoon. So you can rest. Just an idea. smile
I found a book that was useful called How to Exercise When You Are Expecting by Lindsay Brin. It has different workouts that are safe and effective for different stages of pregnancy and post-pregnancy. I found much of the book helpful.
Definitely get into pelvic floor excercises. They are a major bore but super important, as you will realise later in pregnancy when you pee yourself slightly every time you sneeze! That would be the main prep you can do as far as your Lady is concerned.
I like this!

?????????? ????? ??????? ????? ???????

If you are in the first tri, I think it's normal to feel that way.

Walking can be a big help.

smile

HuggiesModerator wrote:
We also have a few articles on our site on Pregnancy Exercise which you may be interested in smile

All the best,
Huggies Moderator

Thank you for sharing this smile
I like it! Well done!

?????????? ?????

Sign in to follow this topic