Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Cold Sore Treatment Lock Rss

I am starting to develop a cold sore on my bottom lip right on the edge, is Lysine OK to use? I'm currently 36weeks 4days but I'm being induced next week due to high blood pressure and gestational hypertension. It's only come on this afternoon. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it quickly?
Dab apple cider vinegar to it.
I use those compeed patches. So much less painful as it doesn't scab up. Unfortunately no home remedy will get rid of it as quickly as you'd like but I have tried tea tree oil a few times with good results. Pretty much just dries it out.

Cold sores, sometimes called fever blisters, are the group of small blisters on the lip and around the mouth. Treatment may include skin creams, ointments or sometimes pills. Use sun block or lip balm with an appropriate sun protection factor (SPF 15 or higher) on your lips to stop overexposure to sunlight. Stress and feeling run down can trigger recurrent episodes of cold sores. When treating as first outbreak of cold sores oral antiviral medications may reduce pain and slightly improve healing times. Don’t have oral sex if you or your partner has a cold sore or has genital herpes.
Sign in to follow this topic