Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Sudden headache Lock Rss

Hi all,
I'm not sure if I should call my midwife or not. I'm 26+4 and I've just got this sudden headache that came on and I feel really hot (temp not high though, just took it). When it first came on, every time I blinked I saw stars/spots. I'm just confused because I don't want them to tell me to come in only to be sent home if it turns out its nothing. Bub has been moving normally. Not dehydrated. What would you do?
If it were me I'd definitely call them this morning if you didn't last night. Even if it settled overnight. Sounds like probably a migraine but I'd want them to check my blood pressure to make sure it wasn't serious (preeclampsia can have those symptoms). My midwife gave me a list of things to always call about and that was on it. Hope it went away.
How are you going? Have you seen Dr or midwife? It does sound like possible spike in blood pressure & could be a sign of pre-eclampsia.
You can always drop in to the maternity ward & ask the midwives what they think - I dropped in to get bubs heart rate monitored because it had gone up higher than normal at a routine check (I live out of town, not close to the hospital so while I was in town I had it checked). What was mean't to be a 20min "quick check" ended up being about 4 1/2hrs in an exam room on the monitor but everything was fine & I got to go home eventually.
Hope you are feeling well by now. It could be migraine or it could be sign of pre-eclampsia. Always better to ask your midwife in case of doubt, no matter how small it is.
Sign in to follow this topic