Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

First trimester loneliness Lock Rss

Hey all,

This is my first pregnancy, I'm 7 weeks today! We are over the moon as it's been quite a struggle to get to this point. I have PCOS and we had been trying for 2 and a half years before seeing a fertility specialist. Our fertility specialist put me on clomid and we conceived on my third cycle of it. It was such a shock as Dr said my day 21 progesterone bloods were low which usually means no ovulation that month so I thought that month was out for us and boy was I down. My period never came and I decided to take a test one morning before work, low and behold it was positive! Really positive! I was in shock so I called hubby in to double check I wasn't crazy-wanna-be-pregnant-lady. So here we are having our first ultrasound tomorrow, but i'm feeling somewhat lonely with regards to keeping this a big secret until we find out if everything is ok. I told a friend from work who I trust to not say anything until I'm ready, but I'm dying to tell everyone!!!
Anyone feel the same?
Congratulations smile

The first two times i told my family as they are my best friends and i tell them everything. I ended up miscarrying both in the first trimester.

This time I kept it a secret from my family until after my 12 week ultrasound & nuchal scan.
I am now 23 weeks.

It was hard not to tell them, but after going through two miscarriages, i did not want my family to be on edge and they were overjoyed with the news when i was past the first trimester.

Even though it was hard, i had my partner to talk to and it created a nice bond between us.

Good luck with everything

x


Congratulations! I hope all goes well. We too waited until the first trimester passed before sharing the news. We did not have a reason too, we just wanted to make sure all was well. I wish you the best.
Congratulations!! I am to a first mumma to be!! Only almost 5 weeks and only found out three days ago!! I'm not too sure when to tell the family I'm so excited but am thinking I'll wait until our first appt incase something is wrong... How have you been with what food to eat and not to eat?? I'm feeling a little paranoid so can't wait until I can just flick a text to my sisters an ask instead of googling and finding good and bad things haha xoxo
I am waiting on my folding recumbent bike. FedEx has it, they just can't make it to my door with all the snow in our subdivision. After I get it, I may be able to burn some calories to help. I think right now, I am almost eating at a maintenance level of calories and I really don't want to drop any lower.

Check my bio

NewMummaToBe wrote:
Congratulations!! I am to a first mumma to be!! Only almost 5 weeks and only found out three days ago!! I'm not too sure when to tell the family I'm so excited but am thinking I'll wait until our first appt incase something is wrong... How have you been with what food to eat and not to eat?? I'm feeling a little paranoid so can't wait until I can just flick a text to my sisters an ask instead of googling and finding good and bad things haha xoxo


Congratulations to you too! I am struggling with eating, feeling nauseas ALL day! I've been living on saltine crackers and toast, I try really hard to eat oatmeal with banana in the morning, but it's a struggle. I could barley stomach salmon for dinner last night. I hope this passes soon it's horrible. We ended up telling my family last week, they are SO happy and excited, my mum keeps telling me that it's a good sign that I feel nauseas and sick it means the hormone levels are high.
I'm just taking it one day at a time right now. Good luck mumma!
Juressica wrote:
Congratulations smile

The first two times i told my family as they are my best friends and i tell them everything. I ended up miscarrying both in the first trimester.

This time I kept it a secret from my family until after my 12 week ultrasound & nuchal scan.
I am now 23 weeks.

It was hard not to tell them, but after going through two miscarriages, i did not want my family to be on edge and they were overjoyed with the news when i was past the first trimester.

Even though it was hard, i had my partner to talk to and it created a nice bond between us.

Good luck with everything

x


Thanks for replying and congrats! How very exciting!! It must have been so hard to go through 2 miscarriages, the first trimester of this pregnancy must have been scary for you. Did you have morning sickness? It's nice to be able to chat about the early weeks. smile
Suzanne I wrote:
Congratulations! I hope all goes well. We too waited until the first trimester passed before sharing the news. We did not have a reason too, we just wanted to make sure all was well. I wish you the best.


Thank you! We ended up telling my family last week. It's really nice to have my mum to talk to. How far along are you?
I'm 6 and a half weeks, first pregnancy. Because of some health issues I did tell my family so I could have support now and if, knock on wood, anything did happen. It is absolutely each to their own but I just wanted the additional help smile
Congratulations!! Hope it all goes well for you, I can't wait to hit the second trimester so I can finally tell people as well.
Sign in to follow this topic