Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

overwhealmed Lock Rss

Hey everyone,

I am newly pregnant 6 weeks and I am feel completely overwhealmed at the prospect of parenthood. I guess it is normal to be anxious.

There is so much to know and to do and to buy I just don't know where to start.

I am even stressed about our cat and what she will do once the bub arrives and that is weeks away, I am over thinking aren't I?

You see the thing is that I have never had much to do with kids. I baby sat my cousing when I was 14 for 2 weeks but that was over half a lifetime ago, all my friends are pregnant now so I never even had friends pregnany when I was younger, it's freaking me out. I have NO experience when it comes to babies what do I do?

help

It is completly normal!!!!

I fell pregnant when I was 21. I am the youngest of my siblings and the first to have children, I had no idea what I was doing and what was going to happen.

When I was growing up I had no contact with babies, no one I knew had a baby!!!! I had no idea what I was doing.

But you would be suprised how much of it is natural instinct. It really seriously comes naturally!!!!!!!!!!

For reassurance and advise ask friends and family, read books and talk to other women on this website.

Good luck!!

Lydia, mum to beautiful april + girl due 16th sept

hi keh congratulations onthe pregnancy!!!!! you will be just FINE! it will come naturally, and what doesnt, you can read books, talk to other mums, and post questions on this forum.

Tania. WA, Daniel - 26/01/06... smile

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Like everyone else has mention, you will be fine. You are already being a good mother - we never stop worrying! (LOL).

Just wanted to touch base with you re your concern about your cat. The best thing I did when pregnant with Lachie was go and talk to my vet about my dog. She spent over half and hour with me giving me tips on how to introduce bub to Mabel, what to watch for etc. It made me feel much happier. Lachie and Mabel are best buddies. Mabel watches Lachie and loves him so much. It is a delight to see. As soon as Lachie could walk he insisted that it was his job to feed Mabel. Anyway, that is my longwinded way of suggesting when you next take your cat for vaccinations or something - have a talk to your vet.

Best wishes for a smooth, blissful pregnancy.

Keh,

My husband and I were trying to get pregnant for a year before we succeeded and I still had a masive panic attack once we found out and stressed for the next few weeks. I think the shock is completely normal especially for people like us who have had no contact with kids at all. I'm 26 and never even babysat or changed a nappy. If any of your friends are due before you are, I strongly recomend that you take the oportunity just to do small things like hold their baby after they come. Just holding a small baby was very daunting to me but I soon realised that they are not as fragile as I thought. Also, if your friends are pregannt now you have a great chance to share you fears with people you are close to. My bet is that some if not all of them were scared at the beginning just like you, even if they have had more experience around kids.

Best of luck smile
Sign in to follow this topic