Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

His Mum Wont Accept It! Lock Rss

Hi Girls,

Since i was 6 weeks pregnant my partners Mum hasn't liked the idea of me or our Bub. When my partner told her about the baby she was so upset with us she didnt talk to us for nearly 2 months! And said that the baby isnt allowed to call her "Nanna", it has to call her "Mrs Hudson"! Anyways, since then she started talking to us again, and even started talking to me about her pregnancies etc! Then we decided we would get Engaged instead of married right now, coz i only have 7 weeks left and i dont feel up to it right now and that we'd both love to have our lil girl as our flower girl at our wedding. We told her about the Enagagement and even picked the date to suit her, and she even insisted to help with the catering and brought us a brand new car for our present! But ever since Saturday (when the Engagement party was) she hasnt said a word to either of us and refuses to answer her mobile when we call or return any calls!I know she doesnt like me, she's already told us that, and that ive changed my partner and that ive ruined his life and that she thinks we wont last together so we may as well end it now even with Bub on the way!
How can she be so into it one minute nad so resentful another??? It really upsets me and my partner. im always respectful and polite etc to her, but she changes every 5 mins!
What do i do to help my partner not be so miserable when shes like this and help her to accept us and Bub?
HELP!

Jaz
Hi Jaz,

Sorry to hear about your MIL being so psychotic. I once had a boyfriend whos mother was very nasty to me, in the end we broke up because I couldn't deal with it. So she won. I think a lot of the time it's the fact that she isn't the number one woman in her sons life any more and she feels threatened. It's a pretty common thing, you hear about it all the time, but when it actually happens to you, its very difficult. I think you're doing the right thing, and you are being ever so strong, good on you!! Just keep on being the way you are, don't go out of your way to make an effort with her any more, think of your bub and yourself now, because you are what matters, especially now. Let her come around. Perhaps when she sees bub she will snap out of it, or perhaps not. But what you have to remember is, you are the one your partner has chosen, and he is standing by you, and it must be pretty hard on the poor man too, having this happen. Just take it day by day, you know that she is hard to get along with, and it's obviously not you, it's just the way she has decided she is going to be. I'm sure she will come around some day, and if she doesn't, then it's her loss, she is the one that's missing out on a beautiful grandchild and a beautiful daughter in law. Just keep hanging in there. From what you have told me, I wonder how she couldn't like you, you sound like a saint!
Anyway, I'm sure a lot of people will write and give you advice. Good luck with it all, Jaz, I hope it all works out for you.
Vamp!
Hey Jaz, stick in there! My MIL and I didn't get along at all for quite a while. We had a whole Alpha-female thing happening, the "I love my son more than you love my son", "I know my son better than you know my son", "I can look after my son better than you can..." and so on.

Just make sure you're looking after no.1, YOU, and be the stablilty that your Bub and partner are going to need over the next few months. She'll come around, and if she doesn't, her loss.

And when you need to vent, we're all here, I think a lot of posters can empathise...

KJ, QLD, DS Nikolas born 21/06/06

Sign in to follow this topic