Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. Finding out the sex who to tell/not to tell?

Finding out the sex who to tell/not to tell? Lock Rss

Hi everyone

I have my 19 week u/s on Thursday morning and hubby and I are busting to know what the sex of the baby is. So of course we are really hoping bubs cooperates for us!

Our problem with this though is that we initially decided to find out and not tell anyone at all. Now hubby says he doesn't mind telling people who really want to know. There are some family members who have said they want to know and others want to wait but then what if someone who knows lets it slip to someone who doesn't? I know it seems silly to worry about it I just want everyone who wants a surprise to be able to have one.

Is it better to just keep it to ourselves all together or tell people and not worry about who finds out?

Hope someone can help with this one!

Thanks
Kristi

4 lovely munchkins DD 10/03, DD 03/05, DS 10/06 &

I personally am going to find out and keep it to myself. Mainly because I have known a couple of people that knew what they were having and told everyone, as well as the name they had picked out. I found that it ruined the surprise for everyone and was nowhere near as exciting.

It is up to you whether you tell people or not, but I don't think it is possible to tell some members of your family and not others. It is so hard to refer to the baby as 'it' when you know if it is really a he or a she. Someone will let it slip and everyone will know before the date.

You need to decide whether you want others knowing, and if you don't mind then you need to decide if it is more important that the people who want to know find out, or whether it remains secret for the people that don't want to know. I hope that makes sense.

Karen & Blake (8/11/2006)

Sign in to follow this topic