Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Finishing Work Lock Rss

Hi there,

I wonder how many others are in the same situation as me. I'm 29wks and I am exhausted! I'm still working full time as a Secretary, so no physical work involved, and although I have a very understanding boss, I've been taking alot of sick leave lately and it's really bothering me. I feel as though I'm letting everyone down. Throughout my first trimester I was really sick and took an average of one day a week from 6wks to 19wks, managed to work consistently (apart from forgetting things!) from 20wks to 27wks, then the problems started again. I had three days off last week because of a rash, and now I have the flu! I pushed myself to go to work on MOnday and Tuesday, but couldn't face the world today so I got hubby to call in for me. Gutless I know, but I just don't think I can handle this anymore! My boss was as understanding as a boss can be, but said that he wants to have a "talk" with me when I get back. If it's anything like the talks my mum used to have, and still has, with me, then I'm in trouble!

What should I do? I'm not a cryer, but I know I'm going to burst into tears the minute I walk into his office and I'm just so embarrassed at the thought of it. I know that I have to stop worrying and give up work for the baby's sake, but I'm really struggling with all this and I just want to hide in my room until the baby is born. Surely that's a good option!

Anyway, just needed to vent. Has anyone else got themselves all worked up over this kind of thing, or am I a total fruitcake who should ring the men in white coats immediately? :- )
Jen

[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.c

ring the men in white lol smile

No im only joking, of course your emotional its a big thing having a baby... and let me tell you it aint easy.

you'll be fine, if you cry he'll go easy on you.

Nah I dont think your in trouble anyway I think he may advise you take maternity leave but if you dont want to DONT he cant make you. ANd he cant fire you.

You have nothing to worry about.

Ebony

ps good luck

Hey jen,

I can totally relate to what you are going through, although i never had morning sickness and havent had any troubles which i needed to take time off for.

I am due in 6 days and am still at work. Just last week I had a day off because i was utterly exhausted and had hubby ring for me. I am working for family so they dont exactley pull me aside to chat to me about it but they guilt trip me whilst at work at outside of work as well, which gets me all worked up.

When you go in to have your 'talk' with your boss, maybe try and start the chat first. Be upfront with him and tell him that you know what he is thinking and how you feel about the situation as well. He might well just go real easy on you after seeing how you are struggling to cope with things and esp that you know your not coping. If you come out and tell him first then there is not much left for him to say.

Sorry for the ramble and i hope it made some sort of sense for you.

Good luck with it all and let us know how you go.

Leah
I say that you need to be honest with your boss and let him know how bad you feel about taking all this time off. It sounds like you are a hard worker and generally feel guilty about letting the team down.

Maybe you could organise to start working either half days or three days a week?

Also, tell you boss about how understanding and patient you have found him to be through the last couple of months. Butter him up a bit first, then he might be more open to the suggestion of part time work for the next 8 weeks.

I imagine you don't have a lot of sick leave available to you with all the time you have recently had off.

Karen & Blake (8/11/2006)

hi jen

I ended work as a receptionist at about 27 weeks pregnant. By that stage i was an emotinal wreck, crying a lot at work (it had a lot to do with my private life being in a bit if a mess) and I was throwing up a bit, very tired and worn out and I also got the flu so that didn't help at all.

I was taking atleast one day off a week, if not more and I felt like you, that I was letting my co-workers down. And when I did go to work I sometimes had to be told by my boss to go home because I was so sick and it was effecting my work.

Try not to feel too bad about it, you are pregnant after all and can't help the way your body is treating you. Maybe it is time for you to quit your job? Your body might be telling you its time for a break.

good luck with everything

bec xo
Sign in to follow this topic