Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

dates Lock Rss

I have been admitted twice to hospital in the past fortnight, due to a fall off a chair that caused bleeding and severe pain.
During my hospital stay i had an ultrasound, and the hospital has now decided to change my date by four weeks!! i was 37 weeks am now 33 weeks. By my LMP i am still 37 weeks and all my previous scans say i am 37 weeks give or take a day or two.
Is it possible just to change a date???
I am to have a 3rd CS as i can die from natural birth but the doctor refuses to listen to me.
anyone ever had anything like this??

*expecting no.4 in November*

Hey Dakota,

I haven't had this experience personally, BUT just wanted to say that they ultrasounds are highly accurate as to how far along you are. I found out i was pregnant at 30weeks and i was 30weeks to the day. They go on the length of the femur bone in the length and few other measurements to say when you are due. They told me the 12th of January for my due date, and bubs came early on the 9th of Jan this year.

Is it possible that you could have got your dates wrong?? Seems a bit odd that they change it so late in the pregnancy when al your other scans said 37weeks etc. Have you considered getting another opinion???

Hope it all goes well and the best of luck for your birth!

DD#1 - 3.7yrs, DD#2 -20mnths, DD#3 is here! 21.08.

They changed my dates with my fist bub, and 2nd time around when the midwife was looking throuhg my notes, she said, never let anyone change your dates. Earlier scans are the most accurate. Can you see another doctor??

i knew i was right!! haha it feels so good to say that!
went to the obs yesterday and he said well it looks like its just a little baby, and he booked me in for a caeser on the 19th of june!!!

*expecting no.4 in November*

Sign in to follow this topic