Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. When do you have to stop driving?

When do you have to stop driving? Lock Rss

Just wanting to know when it is recommened that you stop driving while your pregnant?

My husband wont let me drive anywhere (im 26 weeks)

Thanks

Lydia, mum to beautiful april + girl due 16th sept

I thought you could keep driving for as long as you felt comfortable, when you are having a 'normal' pregnancy. Some people drive right up until they have the baby, if they feel comfortable doing so.

Just remember to make sure your seatbelt sits under your stomach and across your pelvis, rather than over your stomach.

Karen & Blake (8/11/2006)

I drove right up to the morning that I was induced. I was actually up at the back paddock in a ute when the hospital rang and told me to come in....

You can drive for as long as you want and feel comfortable....unless of course your doctor thinks you may be in danger...

Good luck!

when you can't fit behind the wheel
dear aprilsmum,
check with your car insurance company some wont cover u after 30weeks others cover up to full term depends on your policy good luck hope i helped
byeeeeeeee
mumzie due 15 september boy jacob

TRACY,SA,

Lydia,

My girlfriend drover herself to the hospital while having contractions. As long as you feel as though you are comfortable and in control, then rock on!! i'm 34 weeks and drive most days, the only time I don't is when i'm having a bad day as lately i've started having dizzy spells and it is just not safe for bubs or I.

Some husbands can get a little freaked out the further along you get so don't hold it against him that he doesn't want you to drive, my guess is he's just scared you or bubs may get hurt. If it's really resticting your movements try and talk to him about just driving small distances like down the shops and maybe compromise by getting a mobile, if you don't have one already, and remind him that you can and will always call him if you feel as though you can't or don't want to drive.

Best of luck smile
Keep that belt on good and proper ladies! I'm only early along but yesterday we were rear ended on the way home from the shops. It was really only a small bump but man my back is sore today from it! I had my belt on properly though and have no stomach problems.

It's as Mumzie wrote... it depends on your insurance company. It's not illegal to drive while pregnant but if you are in an accident, it's whether your insurance company will cover you! That's what I was told when I was pregnant with my first (who's now almost 2yrs old) anyway.
Sign in to follow this topic