Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

Can a baby be to over actvie Rss

Hi,

I am just wondering if a baby can be to over active. I am 30 weeks and last night my baby didn't stop moving for 7 hours. She didn't stop for a break at all, and it was very annoying. Today she still has been a little more actvie than usual, but not as much as last night. I am just worried that something might be wrong, I don't wont to have her just yet, she is to small and I don't think she will make it. She is only measuring at 28 weeks and I have only put on 1 kilo total. Am I worrying for nothing.

Also my mum had three premie babies, one at 26 weeks and two at around 32 weeks. Could that happen to me

Chloe 6/09/06 and Riley 14/02/08

Hi , with my first baby, he moved from 14 weeks and was still going when i was in labour, he did not stop, all day and night, He has turned out to be the most placid of all my kids. This is my 5th pregnancy, and not one of the others has moved and kicked like my first son and they are all crackers!!!!!!!!!! I would love my baby to move a lot this time as well but just little bits here and there, so i think i am in for another active baby. I hope that is the case for you as well, the more active inside the more placid outside!!! I don't think anything is wrong.
Some babies are more active than others. During the day, your movement supposedly rocks the baby to sleep, so they are move active at night when you are still. The movements become less frequent as the baby grows because it has less room to move around. If your baby is small it might mean that it has room to turn. punch, kick etc. But it is big enough that these movements are felt more easily.

I wouldn't worry about it, but I would mention it at your next check up. Sometimes it can be as simple as something you ate that the baby didn't agree with.

Karen & Blake (8/11/2006)

Hi, I am 28 weeks and my baby seems to be very acive as well. As this is my 5th I have been told that because of this factor and that I have been having braxton hicks since I was 22 weeks that there would be a chance of having a prem baby.
I have lost 12 kilos since I got pregnant and ahve only put on about the same as you about a kilo.
I dont htink there is anything wrong but I was told if I had any worries to come into the hospital and get checked to see where the baby was and if there was anyhting to worry about. I suggest that you do the same.

carolyn

I don't think babies can be over active. With the twins they seem to be always kicking, either me or each other (which is really annoying.)

I would call your doc if your worried about the whole thing, just to put your mind at rest. But, I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Alice

Lilly,6/ Paige,14mnths & my angel Maddy-SIDS

Sign in to follow this topic