Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

worried more 2nd time around Lock Rss

He all, im 24 weeks preg nearly 25 with my 2nd.. for soem reason i feel more scared this time around then the first time......knowing what i have to go through and it scares me....
and i also worry about more things while been preg... (that maybe coz i had a bleed at 15 weeks) but i thought the 2nd pregnancy u are usually more relaxed.. but im not...
all i think about is oh no not all the pain again.. not getting up every few hours at night again... even tho i want bubs heaps.. i just cant help worry more this time then i did with my first,...
does this sound stupid or not???

well i actually hope what i juts wrote made sence...

Shelley, NSW, Breanna 19/11/04, Lachlan 5/01/07

Hi Shelly,
No your not silly at all......I was the same with my 2nd. I think because we start to remember the pain of delivery etc...
I am currently 2 weeks away from being due with my 3rd and I am getting very scared now. I am scared mostly because my last labour was fairly quick and very painful and there was no time for drugs, so this time, I am worried when and where I will be when it begins, will I have to wake the kids in the night, will I get time to at least consider using drugs, will I cope with the pain...etc.
So don't worry, I think as exciting as it is everyone has some degree of fear deep down regarding labour.
Also I have a 2year old still waking in the early hours every night, so I am so worried that between him and this little bubby girl I will be up and down all night long. NOT looking forward to the feeds and settling at all. Especially because Number 1 had colic, and number 2 had reflux. So I am hoping this is our dear little angel, who just knows how to feed and sleep without being taught.....fingers crossed.
Well good luck and try to enjoy these last 15 weeks,I know it has flown for me.
Mel smile

Mel, SA, Jayden 10/02, Harley 08/04, Zoe 09/06

Hi Shelley....

I don't think that it is stupid to feel this way....I am pregnant with no.2 and I am definately more worried this time round. My first baby was unplanned, and I definately did not have as much information about pregnancy, etc as I do this time round. Last time I just went with the flow, but this time round, I know what bad things can happen, and it gets me more paranoid about things. But then, sometimes I completely forget that I am pregnant, and sometimes look in the mirror and think that I am imagining my belly.... I am, however, looking forward more to this baby than with the first, and thats because I know how wonderful it is to have a baby....
Hope your pregnancy remains uneventful....good luck

I am having my 5th which is suppose to be due on the 7th of november this year and I am starting to get scared because I know what happens and what pain I went through. All my others apart from my first were like that. My midwife and my husband told me not to worry about it too much because the more I worry the more I stress and the more I stress The more I can bring on early labour.
I was also induced with my last 3 because I had quick births eg. half hour with first.Now they tell me I wont make it out of my bedroom so hoping this one is induced too.

carolyn

This seems very normal to me, this is my 4th pregnancy and it has been similar to my first ( which i MC) I havent had a baby in 2 years but this time im worried sick and it seems to be happening alot quicker then i planned, I wanted to have another baby after i married but i fell pregnant the same week i got married so its alot to take in I have found it hard to ajust and feel as maybe im not ready, maybe thats because i already have a nearly 4 year old and a 2 year old.

My husband is very supportive and i know everything will be fine but my hormones are running wild and its making me more scared then excited. Before you fall pregnant you think 9 months is a long time but it seems to be going so quickly and its like I dont get a break. Its harded been pregnant and runing arond a little one or two.

The birth is the thing that scares me the most, when i had my son I had a 9 hour labour and that seemed fine, so when i had my daughter i expected at leasted a 6 hour labour which I thought I could handle, But my labour ended up been under an hour, so im scared this one will be short to and i live about 45 mins away from my hospital.

I think its normal to be scared about number two as you have an idea whats in store but it wont be the same it will be slightly differant at leasted. Been pregnant you have the hormones running wild and messing with your head.

Im sure you'll do fine and everything will turn out once your holding your baby it will seem like you have worried about nothing. Try not to think about the birth and things that scare you as everything will turn out the way its ment to.

Congratulations and good luck

Mel, Bailey 30/3/03, Jaida 10/12/04 & EDD 3/3/07

Sign in to follow this topic