Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. What do Braxton Hicks feel like?

What do Braxton Hicks feel like? Lock Rss

Hi,
My experience of braxton hicks was the belly goes quite tight, usally lastling a few mins, you can actually feel the belly as if it sought of grows as it gets tighter and sometimes it can feel uncomfortable. It will feel very hard to touch. Then should release back down and your belly should feel a bit more squishy. Do get yourself checked though if your belly stays hard, because it should stay reasonable soft.
If by any means you start getting a lot of pain with it or they beome quite regular, consult with your doc or the hospital. Or if you get a lot of back pain as well as it could be true labour.
Some people have mistaken braxton hicks with the real ones.
I have never had a natural labour, have had 2 c-sections, but did go into false labour at 26 weeks with my first.
I was getting this pain that just wouldn't budge so went off to the hos and while I was there I started having these tighnings, I didn't think the pain was too severe at the time but they thought the contractions were enough to tee me up ready for an op if I needed.

Sydney,twin boys 22/10/04+girl 26/03/02

Hi Kroons

I'm 31 weeks and getting the same sort of tightening that you describe. I also just presumed it was the baby moving about now that it doesn't have enough room to really kick. Sometimes the tightness is just in one place so I'm guessing thats the baby changing position or stretching but when its all over then that could be Braxton Hicks.

Mum to Caitlin & Owain

Hi Again,
Just had another thought, I remember with mine I use to feel them coming, I would to my hub"here comes another one" because I could feel them progressing.

Sydney,twin boys 22/10/04+girl 26/03/02

I got braxton hicks from about 34weeks onwards..Im 38 weeks preg and still get them..I use to get them 5mins apart all day everyday..im so use to them now..U will feel like your whole stomach is going hard and it norm lasts for about a min..sometimes they can b a little painful as the tightening sensation does hurt a bit.well mine do anyhow..all the best

Kylie,Qld,4yrold Thomas & 18mthold Brooklyn

Sign in to follow this topic