Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More

BABY SHOWERS Rss

hello every one,

I'm really curious about baby showers i'm having baby number 4 but i have never had one or even been to a baby shower so I don't really know what goes on or what to do about hosting one, i feel like people will judge me because its not my first baby but it is my DP first.

What should i do?

Bron S.A DD6 DD5,DS 2MONTHS!!

The best thing you can do is get someone else to organise it for you. You can offer your house as a venue, but if someone else is organising it, it takes a lot of pressure off you. It also eliminates the embarassment you may feel when inviting people to something where gifts are usually given.

If you have a friend or family member who is willing to organise it you can give them a list of people to invite. If you are going to be receiving gifts you can give the organiser a list of things that you need and the guests can go through that person when wanting to know what to get you.

There are lots of games / activities you can play. But other more creative people on this forum can probably give you ideas.

If you want to keep things simple you can just organise a BBQ lunch and have an afternoon of hanging out with friends.

It is up to you what type of fuss you want to go to.

Karen & Blake (8/11/2006)

I threw a Baby Shower for my Mum for her 4th cos she had never had one for any of the others.

As Goingsolo said if you can get someone to organise it for you - even if it is just sending out invites, that would take the pressue off you.

I had my Baby Shower at 29 Weeks and My Mum & Best Friend organised it for me.
It was for lunch and I had the best day!

Hi Bronwyn,
HAVE SOME THROW YOU A BABY SHOWER, what is wrong with your friends? I have thrown HEAPS of baby showers for my friends over the years, and they returned the favour with my first bub! It was such a lovely afternoon, and we got some nice goodies too! It is such a lovely way to see all your friends BEFORE you have the baby. There are some great ideas on the internet for games to play etc... Have FUN

Shell, 2 Boys

Sign in to follow this topic